NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh that’s sad news , still got my 12” singles Marquee Moon and Prove It (green vinyl :)) great records.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Marquee Moon is a classic, I play it quite often still. I went to see them at Manchester Apollo around the time of the release of Adventure. I can't say they they were the most exciting of live bands but good nonetheless. I think I read a quote from someone a day or two back when it was put to them that Television never followed up Marquee Moon with anything as good, and they said "Who has?". They had a point.

XJC

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2007
over 55 degrees North
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I honestly thought this news would have received more responses. I was deeply moved when I read it on here on Monday and had to google it. My plan was then a tribute this weekend.
Marquee Moon is indeed a classic and influencial album but oft left out is adventure which is a gem in its own right, just listen to "Ain't that nothin'". There is far more to delve into in his solo work.
The guitar on his first solo effort "Breakin' in my heart" I believe is as good as Marquee Moon.

I'm now going to post a few on what are you listening to right now.

Emotional,

X.

pjon05

Wammer
Feb 20, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I honestly thought this news would have received more responses. I was deeply moved when I read it on here on Monday and had to google it. My plan was then a tribute this weekend.
Marquee Moon is indeed a classic and influencial album but oft left out is adventure which is a gem in its own right, just listen to "Ain't that nothin'". There is far more to delve into in his solo work.
The guitar on his first solo effort "Breakin' in my heart" I believe is as good as Marquee Moon.

I'm now going to post a few on what are you listening to right now.

Emotional,

X.
Was so happy when Lil Johnny Jewel was added to the cd as I'd not heard it for years and IMO it is one of their best... also their cover of Knockin On Heaven's Door. All my heroes are dying. I'm seriously worried about Brian Eno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online