Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've had this a couple of weeks now and thought I'd share my thoughts. Here they are, it's small, cheap and wonderful !

I adore the Quad 303 immensely and this currently in the path between it and a Croft 25R. It's four adjustable frequency bands are subtle but without doubt noticeable. The 303 on its own is a truly great thing but the Schiit just gives a few more options to the sound, and dare I say it, makes for an even more enjoyable listen.

All I'm saying is, don't discount the heresy of tone controls. And I'll say again, we never stop learning new things.

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And my memory, who sold me this ? Anyway, thank you ! I'd never heard of them before I saw the ad here and just took a punt.

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've had this a couple of weeks now and thought I'd share my thoughts. Here they are, it's small, cheap and wonderful !

I adore the Quad 303 immensely and this currently in the path between it and a Croft 25R. It's four adjustable frequency bands are subtle but without doubt noticeable. The 303 on its own is a truly great thing but the Schiit just gives a few more options to the sound, and dare I say it, makes for an even more enjoyable listen.

All I'm saying is, don't discount the heresy of tone controls. And I'll say again, we never stop learning new things.

I'm a contradiction as I don't like tone controls on main amplifiers but I'm all for EQ trickery where headphones are concerned. .

Reactions: Ian

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm a total convert. The chosen bands aren't perfect but they are still very good.

The Lokius is even better as - for me - it also allows a very small decrease centred at 8kHz and then sometime a boost at 16kHz (where I'm hard of hearing).

It can take a while to get one's head around the broad range eq, but once done it's very effective.

I have it set to my preference that works for various different headphones and speakers. Once in a while I may tweak a little e.g. a little more bass for reggae.

Certainly can't hear any reduction in sq with it in or out of the chain.

Reactions: Linear and Ian

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think it's the lowest cost box I've ever owned, Marko's asking was very reasonable indeed and new I don't think they're pricey at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.