Linn Owners

Servicing Quadraspire QX7s

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, the stainless steel “skeets” - OK what on earth is Moomintroll talking about?

The QX7s are each made of two steel parts. The smaller, inner, section which holds the speaker spike is isolated from the outer section by a neoprene (or similar) disc at the bottom and an o-ring around its circumference. I’ve been using QX7s since 2008. After several years, I noticed that the o-rings had dried out completely and were breaking apart. I asked my dealer about replacing them and they got Quadraspire to send me some replacements. These came with replacement discs too, but on examination these parts were OK, but I replaced them anyway. Role forward another 6 or 7 years and the o-rings have started cracking again. This time I bought some 1.5mm x 11mm rings on eBay - I think the ones fitted may have been 2mm x 10mm, but were a tight fit. The new ones allowed the centre to just drop in without being forced. I’m not going to suggest they sounded better with new rings, but they’re obviously there for a reason.

’troll

• Upvote
Reactions: myles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.