Set up to enable Dolby Atmos to my TV

xcoronation

New Wammer
Jun 14, 2019
I have a Yamaha RX-A840 bought 2014 and I would like to upgrade to enable Dolby Atmos in conjunction with my LG 65C14K oled 2021 tv.
Basically the Yamaha just does the surround sound 5.1 and its connected to NaimNAC202/203 which I use for my Linn LP12,CD player and Antipodes music server for 2 channel.
And I was thinking of getting the Sony STR-AN1000 as a pre out to my Naim NAC will I still be able to use as my current set up to enable Dolby Atmos to my TV?
Does the pre out work in this way for any 7.2 or 5.1 home cinema amplifiers to my Naim setup?

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a Yamaha RX-A840 bought 2014 and I would like to upgrade to enable Dolby Atmos in conjunction with my LG 65C14K oled 2021 tv.
Basically the Yamaha just does the surround sound 5.1 and its connected to NaimNAC202/203 which I use for my Linn LP12,CD player and Antipodes music server for 2 channel.
And I was thinking of getting the Sony STR-AN1000 as a pre out to my Naim NAC will I still be able to use as my current set up to enable Dolby Atmos to my TV?
Does the pre out work in this way for any 7.2 or 5.1 home cinema amplifiers to my Naim setup?
Your TV is 2.2 sound, from what I just read on the 'Net, so I don't understand your question as your TV itself won't play sound in Dolby Atmos. If you mean a Dolby Atmos Soundbar, then you would just run an HDMI cable from the Sony STR-AN1000 straight to the soundbar. Another alternative, more expensive but better sound, is to feed the front right and left signals from the Sony STR-AN1000 to the Nac preamp and out to your stereo speakers and have a front centre speaker, some rear surround speakers, a subwoofer and some ceiling mounted speakers, all being powered by the Sony. I bought some used Kef 'egg' speakers for my ceiling and have some smallish rear speakers, an active Meridian centre channel and a Rel Subwoofer and am really pleased with the results.

Reactions: Signs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online