Should the aim be as simple as possible or is complication sometime justified .

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All things should be simplified...its mans nature to complicate things & "mess"...only to arrive back with the "re-invented simple" before the whole process starts again.  Making money & new conversations seems the main driving force behind hifi these days. There are of course exceptions but in the main most stories have been told.   :eek:

* This is only my opinion. I am not being contentious. I might be feeling philosophical today. I promise to leave the thread alone now.   :)
I fully understand your points and before I started on the active route I did try and make things simple. Sadly I am now hooked and no way back but I now listen to more music everyday and never want to turn it off. I also plead guilty to liking to talk and write about it as well.

Reactions: garn63

jamster

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 30, 2010
Lichfield
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Which tests are you referring to? I am quite a big fan of measurements.
Yes, measurements.  I am too.  Although I like a ruckus from time to time, in this case, I was gently trying to stop this thread moving in that direction :)

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I fully understand your points and before I started on the active route I did try and make things simple. Sadly I am now hooked and no way back but I now listen to more music everyday and never want to turn it off. I also plead guilty to liking to talk and write about it as well.
I must be out of date  :)    Do you like the new rocket ?  Enjoying music is what it's all about....but we do have an illness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bencat

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I must be out of date  :)    Do you like the new rocket ?  Enjoying music is what it's all about....but we do have an illness.
Not at all you have the same goal as I do which is to be able to play music that we can enjoy without feeling were working to hear a pin dropped by the waitress in the back of the recording studio . I want real music that sounds like real voices and people playing together in groups even thought they are most likely recorded in different parts of the world. I really only do lots of this just to get a better sound that lets me enjoy the music , but with digital i will admit that you can get engrossed in the work and setting up but that is more my ocd personality than anything else. Glad to say i am still buying new music at a fairly strong level of about 20 or so CD's a month so the collection is getting bigger every day problem is find places to store them .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: garn63

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, measurements.  I am too.  Although I like a ruckus from time to time, in this case, I was gently trying to stop this thread moving in that direction :)
So in which direction would you gently like the thread to move to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles