Sitting on the fence

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Seen this on the Arcam web site

Cables

Because all equipment is different in terms of quality and installation there is no standard set of interconnects, leaving interconnection options open to you.
Well true, but you would think that Arcam would have some idea as to the quality of the equipment they make. Also if what they say is true, an item of a certain quality needs different interconnection depending how you install it.

I would like to see a double blind installation test
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
not another cable thread for gods sake
Yes
smile.png
and no :cool:its about a company taking a stance it seems that is daft, one hand as others do they say how good their amps are, on the other.... they will not say how good, because to do that means getting off the fence and saying how much they think you should spend on cables

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Rudolph wrote

not another cable thread for gods sake

MICHELL GYRO -SME V, GOLD PLATED VERSION - VAN DEN HUL MC1 SPECIAL- TRICHORD DINO/ ARCAM CD92/ PIONEER VSA-AX10I/PIONEER DV868AVI/ CANTON SPEAKERS/ SAMSUNG PLASMA/ QUADII'S ON THE REAR / LINN LP12 - THE BEST DECK ON THE MARKET /
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
:shock:
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
:shock:You started your xmas drink already ????????

/LINN LP12 - THE BEST DECK ON THE MARKET
Its good but..........................
rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

wow and flutter

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
Harrow, , United Kin
AKA
Mark
Seems quite logical to me.

All they seem to be saying is that Hi-Fi owners have differing views on the merits, or otherwise, of particular cables. So the purchaser isn't encumbered by another person's/company's view of the best make/type of interconnect.

Based on other views on this forum, it's odds on that people will change the suppliedcable for the latest snake oil variant of their choosing anyway.

I am sure that if Arcam recommended a particular brand or type of cable to be used they would be inundated with letters about why their choice is sh*#+e, and they should abc cable instead.

W&F

Crustyloafer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
wow and flutter wrote:

Seems quite logical to me.All they seem to be saying is that Hi-Fi owners have differing views on the merits, or otherwise, of particular cables. So the purchaser isn't encumbered by another person's/company's view of the best make/type of interconnect.

Based on other views on this forum, it's odds on that people will change the suppliedcable for the latest snake oil variant of their choosing anyway.

I am sure that if Arcam recommended a particular brand or type of cable to be used they would be inundated with letters about why their choice is sh*#+e, and they should abc cable instead.

W&F
I agree, Arcam as a company are vey good at being very open to consumers and letting them choose for themselves, unlike another more local brand to me who have a mental fit if you suggest using anything other than their own brand of interconnects.

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
Didn't Arcam have something to do with Audioquest????
There was a time – late eighties early nineties – when Arcam was in bed with Audioquest and Audioquest cables were the Arcam recommendation. Nothing to do with performance of course and everything to do with sales (you’d be a fool to think anything else).

wolfgang

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
Glasgow, ,
I agree, Arcam as a company are vey good at being very open to consumers and letting them choose for themselves, unlike another more local brand to me who have a mental fit if you suggest using anything other than their own brand of interconnects.
Quite like this brand since they adviced in the past was the best ICs to used are the freebie as supplied in the box. However, since then it appear they have also jump on the bandwagon when they realize there is more profit to sale consumers a range of ICs that cost more for no real reason ........ since that what the consumers wanted.

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
mosfet wrote:

Didn't Arcam have something to do with Audioquest????
There was a time – late eighties early nineties – when Arcam was in bed with Audioquest and Audioquest cables were the Arcam recommendation. Nothing to do with performance of course and everything to do with sales (you’d be a fool to think anything else).
I bought Audioquest spkr cable after Dem and was told that Arcam and Audioquest were in some way 'arsehole connected' obviously I picked up wrong on this info .

Cheers.

chezi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles