SOLD - Squeezebox Touch ( all 3 now sold)

yorksmark

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2009
Huddersfield,
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And next up on the clearout....

I have for sale 3 Squeezebox Touch units. Each has the power supply and remote. The battery housing/connections are showing some rust and deterioration for the original remotes but TBH, I never used the remotes as there are apps which make controlling them so much easier. Besides the Touch remotes, I also have 3 of the larger Squeezebox Classic remotes (I used to have a couple of transporters and other squeezeboxes - but you're not interested in that amount of detail). I will include these with each unit.

Unfortunately I have only 1 box.

All the player units are in very good full working condition with only very minor cosmetic flaws (I've tried to capture any in the photos but it's so sunny here in Huddersfield). The worst of the markings are on the top edge on one unit but this is not very significant.

I'd like to sell them as a package but am willing to split them up. It's your chance to get a quick start on making your home filled with music throughout (well at least 3 rooms).

Asking (including delivery) £240 for all three or £85 for each without box, £90 for the one with box

Mark

P1010074.JPG

P1010075.JPG

P1010076.JPG

P1010077.JPG

P1010078.JPG

P1010079.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bodgit

aybracers

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 8, 2011
South London
AKA
Roger
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Mark,

Are you willing to sell me just one of the Touch remotes?

I've just bought a Squeezebox Plus to replace my Touch and it came without a remote.

My Touch remote works fine with it but I still need another remote for the original Touch.

Cheers

Roger

yorksmark

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2009
Huddersfield,
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the opening advert, I mentioned that the 3 remotes which came with the Touch units were showing problems in the battery housing. My assumption was that these remotes would either not work or would be unreliable and so the larger Squeezebox Classic remotes would be included to provide the purchaser(s) with a well working remote. 

I have tested the remotes.

All 3 of the Squeezebox Classic remotes are working but I can get only 2 of the Touch remotes to work.

Looking at the differences between the 2 remote types, I can see the following:

Touch remote has a 'HOME' button, the Classic remote does not.

Classic remote has buttons for Browse, Brightness and (font) Size. The Touch remote does not. The Browse,and Brightness buttons take affect when the unit is operating (i.e. not in the OFF state). The Size button does not appear to have any function when pressed. 

The Touch remote as a More button, on the Classic this button is named Add.

All the other buttons are common to both remotes.

The Classic remote takes 2x AA batteries, the Touch remote uses 2x AAA batteries.

The Classic remote has a hard plastic fascia, the Touch remote uses a softer feel plastic (which can degrade over time)

All in all, The Classic remote to my mind is the better remote but I understand that any purchaser might prefer to have an original Touch remote.

Having said all this, the remotes are not essential to operate the Touch units. They can be (more conveniently) controlled via the Touch unit screen , via apps and also via a web based interface. 

In light of the non working Touch remote, I will revise the pricing;

The total package - 3 Touch units, 3 power packs, 1 original box, 3 Classic remotes, 2 working Touch remotes and a non working Touch remote (if wanted) for £225.

Or

1 Touch unit, with working Classic and Touch remotes £85

1 Touch unit with working Classic remote and non working Touch remote (if wanted) £75

As for the original box, that can go to whoever buys first.

@aybracers - Roger, as you can see from the above, the availability of a remote might be possible but that would be better followed up if/when the units sell directly with a purchaser.

Below are photos of the battery housing of the 2 (black) Touch and 3 (brown) Classic remotes.

P1010086.JPG

P1010088.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

aybracers

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 8, 2011
South London
AKA
Roger
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your comprehensive reply.

I will go for:-  1 Touch unit with working Classic remote and non working Touch remote (if wanted) £75

If I'm first I'll go for the box as well.

Cheers

Roger

yorksmark

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2009
Huddersfield,
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Roger.

Many thanks and well done for reading through the whole post!

If you can send me a pm, we can exchange details and I can get the Touch etc over to you.

Yes, you are the first and therefore get the box.

Mark

yorksmark

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2009
Huddersfield,
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1 Squeezebox Touch now sold.

2 still available (without boxes but with 2 remotes each) £85 for 1 or £165 for the pair, including delivery.

Bodgit

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 27, 2019
Woking
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
FWIW, I have two SBTs and had a remote in a worse state than above due to leaking battery. It wasn't working.

Prised the cover off, took the thing completely apart including the battery contacts, cleaned everything up (sand paper on metal and meths on contacts), now its working again. So they should be salvageable.

yorksmark

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 13, 2009
Huddersfield,
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the advice Bodgit.

Just to clarify, the remaining remotes are all working, i'm including the additional Classic remotes as

a) Additional comfort/insurance for the buyer and

b) I have no use for them.

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online