Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have recently changed internet providers from ee to Plusnet and have been having a few connection problems with various items. I have a SqueezeTouch connected via ethernet cable to the router and my music is stored on my laptop via wireless connection. Last week I had it all working after a bit of a struggle but it has given up again and now will not see the player or library on the web interface. I've done the usual reset and even a reinstall of version 8.1.1 still not having much luck. Currently the web interface is not showing any Players in the dropdown. The Plusnet hub manager isn't that straightforward compared to the previous ee router in so far as enabling access to ip addresses but I'm unsure where the problem lies at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Ronnie I was hoping that you would be along. Yes it is a Hub 1 router. Is this not a good thing?

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, another one today. Network looks good but won't connect to library. I can get Radio to work. I had it all working the other day but I don't know what cured it but its given up the ghost.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It scans library and shows no problems on diagnostics but I've had to reset password a couple of times on Squeezeserver as it wouldn't accept the previous ones.

Also tried running in Safe Mode.

Man in a van

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2012
Staffordshire
AKA
Ronnie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And when you did the factory reset, it found the ethernet, you signed in with your email and password and it connected  to mysqueezebox.com ?

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like the password is not being accepted on Squeezebox Server again. Pop up box says " An unexpected error occurred when validating your my squeezebox.com account. Please make sure your network connectivity is working fine.

Man in a van

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2012
Staffordshire
AKA
Ronnie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just performed the task I described to you in my post and the SBT connected to Mysqueezebox.com, I tapped My Music and connected to the local LMS.

The LMS on the Laptop will have the same name as previously, but a different IP Address

When you tap on My Music on the SBT are the two same names shown ?

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And when you did the factory reset, it found the ethernet, you signed in with your email and password and it connected  to mysqueezebox.com ?
It found the ethernet straight off. The My Squeezebox .com is acting up again on the Media server control panel.  When I open the Control panel as an administrator it asks if I want to allow SqueezeboxCP.exe to make changes on my computer. It never used to ask this. I don't think it accepts the password as when I close it down it gets the pop up box with "Unexpected error etc. I will try it from the web page log in again. It logs in on this.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just performed the task I described to you in my post and the SBT connected to Mysqueezebox.com, I tapped My Music and connected to the local LMS.

The LMS on the Laptop will have the same name as previously, but a different IP Address

When you tap on My Music on the SBT are the two same names shown ?
Same library name.

Nothing showing on web browser re Choose Player.

Man in a van

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2012
Staffordshire
AKA
Ronnie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just switched my SBT to a Windows 10 LMS without a problem.

Hmmm, have you tried restarting the laptop whilst the SBT is powered up ?

Whilst I have the LMS windows server open, I clicked on Open Control Panel as Administrator and got the Box you mentioned, I click on yes and another control panel opened.

I now have four control panels open.

I suggest closing the laptop down and restarting it

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I briefly had a Choose Player option then it went. Just shutdown laptop then rebooted Squeezetouch again. Connects to ethernet ok but in diagnostics:

Server ping OK

TCP port ok

mysqueezbox.com registered

Logitech media server and library not connected

Same as Ping, TCP port,3483 and 900 Not connected.

Laptop has been restarted.

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It something to do with the Microsoft security as I've just disabled and then re-enabled it and it is working for now, even after a restart. I'll see if its works tomorrow. Touchwood all fine for now.

I hope you're keeping well and haven't gone too mad during the lockdown like the rest of us. Had our jabs but still taking precautions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles