Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great to catch up with everyone today.

Thanks to Kate, Tim and Jack for having us and feeding us. I've had a great day out.

Nick, your brownies got the swmbo seal of aproval here. No mean fete I tell you
biggrin.png

mmichbam

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 22, 2013
Spalding
AKA
Mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to Tim, Kate and Jack for the letting us invade your home again, it was a fantastic day.

Didn't get to spend any time in the second room but the main system was sounding very good.

onlyconnect

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 17, 2009
Nottingham
AKA
Tim
Many thanks to Tim and Kate for their hospitality.

For me the star of the show was Tim's Acoustic Signature turntable and I loved hearing my Ziggy Stardust 4E/6E on his system; of course the KEF speakers help too but then I have heard those before
smile.png

http://s33.postimg.org/aojsn9eq7/tim_turntable.jpg

Harbeth P3ESR (I think) also sounded excellent in room 2 though TBH I think the acoustics of this room are quite challenging. Thanks to all though for putting up with various efforts to play MQA tracks through the slightly fiddly laptop and USB DAC arrangement; the samples did sound good but of course this told us little about the merits of MQA as such. The tracks do sound better when the MQA decoding is working correctly.

Tim

G

Huge thanks to Tim, Kate and Jack for your wonderful hospitality, I had a great day out, really enjoyed it.

Great to catch up with fellow members old and new a like, talk nonsense, eat cake etc and lovely chicken & stuffing cobs/baps/rolls (YMMV).

Brill, photos in a bit....

biggrin.png

rmsshipbroker

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Looks like a great day was had by all
smile.png
It was mate, just a pity that distance gets in the way of you and others attending.

We could have done with some pasties to balance out the cake.....

Spider

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Mar 30, 2015
Chesterfield
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Having one or two computer issues

will post my pictures as soon as I can

thank you for all your kind words, we had a great time hosting the day too.

Roll on bake off number 3

SCIDB

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
, ,
Hi,

Big thanks to Tim, Kate and Jack for a great bake off. A great way to spend a Sunday.

SCIDB

Hap Hazzard

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 26, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A huge thankyou to Tim, Kate and Jack for having us hifi delinquents over and for being such great hosts.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

The main room system was sounding excellent that Sunday with all those spinney black things going round and round. As always I felt very welcome at Tim and Kate's and it is always great to meet new wammers. Long live bake offs !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles