SOLD Systemdek Transcription plus Project 9C Carbon Tonearm Now £300.00!

SOLD

Chrisg139

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2010
, ,
Hi Everyone
This is my latest renovation of a Systemdek.

Gone is the crappy Nextel finish- the new 'camouflage green' paint finish is superb and really brings out the look of the deck in an individual way.
The lid is in super condition as can be seen from the photo.
It has a new belt and speed is spot on
The arm is a Project 9C Carbon and not only does it look great on the deck but it's also an excellent performer.

I'm looking for £450.00 for this combination plus carriage. I've put a lot of work into this deck and I believe it's really worthwhile. Paypal F and F please and UK only I'm afraid.

Here are the photos:

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1080.JPG
    IMG_1080.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 185

Chrisg139

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2010
, ,
Hi Everyone

It appears there's no interest here for this super package so I'll be putting it on eBay at the weekend.

Cheers
Chris

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Everyone.
How does £400.00 sound for this superb package?
The problem is no one has probably ever sat down and compared this Systemdek with an STD, Oracle, Linn and Logic DM101 in a blind AB test with same arms and cartridge.

I have and back in the day I chose the Systemdek which to my ears sounded better than the rest. It had nowt to do with price there was a second hand Linn in the shop for the same money.

I have my original in the loft and keep meaning to renovate it (also have another one a mate gave me when he went totally CD). Perhaps one day lol

As to pricing - in the current market it is "worth" your asking price but unfortunately it will remain one of those sonic bargains (selling for less than a IIx yet sounding remarkably better with a massive improvement at the bottom end and a more solid stable reproduction to my ears). As such the renovated TT will probably fetch less than £200 (an unrestored one went for £120 or not far off a few weeks back on fleabay).

Good luck and great work

Chrisg139

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2010
, ,
Hi

I know where you are coming from. The build and materials are of the highest order and the performance with the Project arm is really excellent. Systemdeks with the original nextel finish look awful nowadays (I wasn't ever a fan) and I can see why prices are so cheap currently for these decks with their original finish. A nice shiny Rega looks the part but performance is nowhere near the Systemdek.

I've owned every deck you mention (including the PT's) and this deck is certainly on a par with them (a bit of an understatement).

I've decided not to go the eBay route currently So Final Reduction to £350.00 plus carriage- UK only and Paypal F and F please.

Cheers
Chris

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Seems strange there is no interest, These heavy weight Systemdeks from the late 70s early 80s are brilliant sounding turntables. In blind dem customers with ears invariably chose this over the Linn (and when they found it was a lot cheaper bought it and splashed the cash they saved to get a better arm and cartridge.

For anyone out there with a Rega or Project turntable looking for a major sonic upgrade you really need to get your ears around one of these

Reactions: Rockchild

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are turntables going out if fashion, this would have been snapped up a few years ago. In fact I was looking for one but the prices were too high.

Location?

Reactions: TheFlash

Chrisg139

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2010
, ,
Hi All
I think I'll take the arm off , put it on another deck and mothball the Systemdek for now.
Chris

El Seano

Classsifieds lurker
Wammer
Aug 22, 2006
Sheffield
AKA
Sean
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just a plug to say I bought a deck from Chris recently. He's an absolute gent and really knows what he's doing. I saw this deck and the photos don't do it justice, it looks even better in the flesh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.