Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thoress Phono Enhancer.jpg

Probably the last phono preamp you'll ever need, with 5 MC inputs (different factory-set loadings) and 1 MM input. If you need more than 6 inputs, then this isn't for you ;) .

Look here to learn more about this and Reinhard's philosophy: https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/thoress3/

In excellent condition. With the original packaging. Current retail price is EUR 9,300. Looking for around £4000 for it. Location: Leamington Spa (voted happiest place to live in UK!)

Feel free to ask any questions - just PM me. (Further pics on request.)

Cheers.
Mani.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You need to put "For Sale' at the start of your title  otherwise it looks like a discussion thread it will help you sell your gear👍👍

Last edited by a moderator:

manisandher

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just found the original invoice from Thöress. I paid EUR 8450 for it back in May 2015.

And I forgot to mention that it's been sat in its box for pretty much all this time, waiting for me to get around to that 'vinyl digitisation project' that never quite materialised, and that I've now totally abandoned.

Mani.

manisandher

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd put this up against pretty much any phono preamp out there. I've only got one TT/arm left and no longer need multiple inputs.

Going for less than 1/2 retail price. In 'as new' condition' with original packaging.

Mani.

Reactions: Lawrence001

KevinF

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can confirm that this is a very fine phono stage, as-in one of the best available as sensible money.

I reviewed one for HiFiCritic a few years back and I awarded it 'Audio Excellence'. It is properly dynamically expressive, with firm grip provided by a stiff solid state power supply that is tempered by the tube output stage. The adjustable equalisation is not pointless frippery but actually very useful, enabling *bright* 70s recordings to be tamed and made quite listenable, as well as the different RIAA settings used by studios to be accomodated.

I had a lot of respect for it then, and still do now; the sound quality, and the Germanic measurement lab aesthetic of the chassis and labelling too. Kind of funky in a retro-way.

Last edited by a moderator:

manisandher

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bump.

Anyone looking for their 'final' phono stage, here it is. In 'as new' condition, with original packaging. Owned and looked after from new. Probably the best decision you'll ever make in your analogue journey. (I've gone all-digital, with active crossovers, and simply have no use for it any more. It's criminal that it's sitting here not doing what it was made to do.)

Mani.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online