The Latest Voodoo Box-Cheap Electricity and Better Sound?

Juancho

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 22, 2014
London
AKA
David
And here's a review:

An ad for Voltex came up on the Atlantic website via the Google ad display network, "Trick To Cut Electricity Bill - Power Companies Hate This 1 Electricity Saving Trick." I clicked on it and got to this website: (since trustpilot does not allow links, you can replace the -com with .com) getvoltex-com/article4?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5YnMs5PH7wIVBUvVCh1vEwBxEAEYASAAEgKTi_D_BwE

Scroll down, and you'll see a comment section that looks very similar to Facebook. You can even add likes to the posts. However, if you try replying or even posting your own comment, then refreshing the page, the comment disappears! The profile pictures and names are not even clickable. This is because the section is totally fake, just like the company.

I utilized the Zendesk chat function of website, and I got a non-automated response from someone named "Kenneth." When I asked about the profiles, he said, "I want to help find a solution as soon as possible, so let's go over a few common troubleshooting options. First, I’d recommend clearing the cache and cookies on your browser — this removes bits of data that cause websites to load incorrectly. Next, you can try restarting your computer or using a different web browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) to see if the page loads correctly." Then, I asked if he could just provide me the profile links so I could DM them myself, and he said "Sorry, I can't do that." Well, if it was a cache error on my side and these are public posts, he should be able to do that, no?

I even provided a link to this trustpilot page, and Kenneth abruptly ended the chat. After restarting the chat and asking Kenneth again, he said, "If the customer is not satisfied with our product we offer 60 days money back guarantee. We are legitimate company. If you order, we will definitely send your item. We even have 60 day money back guarantee if you're not satisfy." Sure, ok...

To sum up this experience, getvoltex is 100% a scam. It tries to pull from the good credibility of the Voltex Electrical Company to lure in naive consumers trying to save electrical costs.

Don't give them your money! And if you see an ad for them, please report it to google.

Shame! I really thought this would sort out my room acoustics, cut the price of electricity and add loads of PRAT (or maybe just make you feel like one :D )

Blzebub

Thundering bigot
Wammer
Dec 22, 2015
Stamford, Lincs
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a solar PV array on my roof, so during the day my house is powered by that (it also heats the HW tank) with nothing at all coming in from the Grid. I do most of my serious listening during the day, while my wife is busy working in another part of the house.

Top trumps in the "clean electricity for your hi-fi"?

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I guess if a device can do all that is suggested, it would not be selling at $99 for two.

Well done in posting though Juancho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online