Throwing my CDP in the bin!

G

Hello all,

Bought a new TT today and I am utterly blown away by how good it is, makes my CDP sound awfull. Very happy bunny.

Dave

P.S. It is a VPI Scout with a Transfiguration spirit cart.

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
Dave_Graham31 wrote:

Hello all, Bought a new TT today and I am utterly blown away by how good it is, makes my CDP sound awfull. Very happy bunny.

Dave

If you don't mind me asking, 'whats your CDP?'

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dave_Graham31 wrote:

Hello all, Bought a new TT today and I am utterly blown away by how good it is, makes my CDP sound awfull. Very happy bunny.

Dave

Dave,

Boy do I know that feeling, but there still is problems getting good modern vinyl. However, there is still a resurgence in high quality remastered vinyl. Got a recent double album copy of Holly Cole that sounds absolutely stunning. The sound quality is very close to my direct cut albums. The VPI Scout is of course one mean turntable

G

My CDP is an Ayre CX-7 evo, its not to everyones taste but is very natural sounding I.M.H.O. it aint going in the bin really but I doubt it will be seeing any shiny discs anytime soon.

Dave

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
Here was me hoping to 'dem' your cd player dave lol. Do you think the novelty will ware off? How much vinyl are you planning to buy? Do you have a wad of spare cashsitting around? What prompted the purchase? Er....What's the capital of Zimbabwe?

G

The TT is £1299 and the cart was £950 the CDP is £2200 I think now, used to be £3000.00.

I already had a Linn lp12 and fancied upgrading but did'nt want to go down the Linn route of bearing/power supply caper. I spoke to Mark at Shadow and he recomended this deck without hesitation. I had already heard the cart on another deck and liked the sound so it was an obvious choice after getting over the shock of the cost.

Big thumbs up to Shadow though, really helpfull and their advice was spot on.

Dave

P.S Sony already got a load of vinyl
smile.png

A

adam

Glad that you went for it dave;).

The VPI are simply superb,as you know I have the scoutmaster,but with Dynavector DV17D2,it's one hell of a beast,sees of most CD players.

G

Nah its the basic one but you can upgrade it for £450.00 to have the fluid damping, antiskate adjustment, smaller tracking force adjustment and Nordost valhalla wiring.

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
Dave_Graham31 wrote:

Nah its the basic one but you can upgrade it for £450.00 to have the fluid damping, antiskate adjustment, smaller tracking force adjustment and Nordost valhalla wiring.
Uhuh. Its the "dial in" VTA I was wondering about. Does that upgrade give you that or is that only on the more expensive arm? Are you thinking of doing it at some future point?

Reason I ask is I'm looking for somone with one of the VPI arms to do a bit of simple reserach for me on the effects of VTA on VTF on different arms.

G

Uncle Ants wrote:

Dave_Graham31 wrote:
Uhuh. Its the "dial in" VTA I was wondering about. Does that upgrade give you that or is that only on the more expensive arm? Are you thinking of doing it at some future point?

Reason I ask is I'm looking for somone with one of the VPI arms to do a bit of simple reserach for me on the effects of VTA on VTF on different arms.
I believe it does, it has a an allan bolt on a partially threaded collar. If you undo that you can adjust the arm height by turning the collar, once you have the desired VTA you just nip up the alan bolt again.

Dave

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
Dave_Graham31 wrote:

I believe it does, it has a an allan bolt on a partially threaded collar. If you undo that you can adjust the arm height by turning the collar, once you have the desired VTA you just nip up the alan bolt again.

Dave
Well if it does and if you ever get the upgrade done, give us a shout. I'd be interested in having a chat.

G

Uncle Ants wrote:

Dave_Graham31 wrote:

Dave
Well if it does and if you ever get the upgrade done, give us a shout. I'd be interested in having a chat.
Sorry maybe I misunderstood you or I did not make it clear, my arm as it is allows the adjustment of the VTA as stated above. If you want to have a chat just PM me.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.