SOLD Tisbury Audio Passive Pre amp £75/Swap for speaker cables

SOLD
L

Leftfield

As per title . Will include uk postage . Pics to follow. 1 output and 3 inputs . Happy to take offers or exchange for a pair of speaker cables for my Harbeths . 9D4CFD1F-5A1D-44CC-A73A-E9823FB903CC.jpeg 5FB6154D-2CA9-4CE2-B9D6-2A20D99D271E.jpeg 06AFD5AA-CE56-4954-97E3-BB637FFB9710.jpeg B52DC41C-D055-4214-AA80-247B69ADD709.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Martha's dad

Now Milly's dad
Wammer
Jun 2, 2007
Overstrand
AKA
Papa du chien
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What's the difference between mk1 and mk2
From the web site, and as I am feeling helpful:

New Look, More Inputs and Outputs
Our second generation preamp now has 3 inputs, 2 configurable outputs and a laser engraved walnut + aluminium enclosure. The chassis is longer, more substantial and remains stable with heavy cables.

Selectable Fixed Attenuation
A new feature is the selectable attenuation, which allows you to reduce the signal by a fixed -10 dB or -20 dB. If your system has too much gain and you can't turn the volume dial past 12 o'clock without hearing damage, this setting will help.

Reactions: Bogart
L

Leftfield

Our second generation preamp now has 3 inputs, 2 configurable outputs and a laser engraved walnut + aluminium enclosure. The chassis is longer, more substantial and remains stable with heavy cables.

A new feature is the selectable attenuation, which allows you to reduce the signal by a fixed -10 dB or -20 dB. If your system has too much gain and you can't turn the volume dial past 12 o'clock without hearing damage, this setting will help.
Thanks for all help with the answer to the original question. It has 2 pairs of inputs and 1 pair of outputs.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

There's a question over whether the dip switches in the Mk2 detract from the clean signal path of the Mk1 so many prefer the Mk1 (myself included).

Edward

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 9, 2016
West Sussex
AKA
Edward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Could this be used as a simple switching box to give more inputs?
Yes, if you simply connect the output of the Mk1 Tisbury to a line input of a preamp (or integrated amp) and turn up the volume control to full (i.e. no attenuation) You effectively get 2 extra inputs.

Purists may (will?) argue that there will be a slight degradation of sound quality.

On the MK II version you can simply use OP2 in Loop mode to achieve the same.

Obviously when connecting directly to a power amp that some form of attenuation is there (or OP2 Loop on the MK II is not enabled).

Reactions: vinyl4ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online