Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Didn't Martin Collins review the cables in Mark one form? If he did, you should find a link to the review on the VdH website. I use the Revelation cables which are a mix of carbon and silver plated copper, which

are very good indeed.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
shurely that's just some yellow elastic rope and a bit of insulating tape?
Seems that way. And don't call him Shirley :shock:

Tarzan

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2007
Hornchurch, England
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
l have had experience of the VDH The Second interconnect (Carbon Cable l know it is not The Third loudspeaker cable :geek: ) and concur with a n earlier poster that it was incredibly transparent with excellent tonal colours,wide open mid but the bass was very soft and lagged behind everything else, just my tuppence worth.

Reactions: mountain biker

RobHolt

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2006
East London
AKA
Rob
There was a thread some time ago when someone made a set of interconnects from spark plug leads and did a comparison.No idea what to search for though or if it still exists.
I did something similar, and the downloadable blind test result was interesting to say the least:

P8141196.jpg

Standard bootlace free interconnect, with the following spliced into the hot line - foil sweet wrapper, brass screw, length of 60/40 solder, yale key, length of steel wire wrap. It was compared with three other normal cables including a length of Chord Silver Siren.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did something similar, and the downloadable blind test result was interesting to say the least:
P8141196.jpg

Standard bootlace free interconnect, with the following spliced into the hot line - foil sweet wrapper, brass screw, length of 60/40 solder, yale key, length of steel wire wrap. It was compared with three other normal cables including a length of Chord Silver Siren.
Downloadable where?

RobHolt

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2006
East London
AKA
Rob
Downloadable where?
It was about 4 years ago but I can find the link if you're interested.

I've still got the music files but I don't think we can post 'needle drops'?

Then again it'll only start a row so perhaps best not.

If anyone wants to listen, send me a PM.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It was about 4 years ago but I can find the link if you're interested.I've still got the music files but I don't think we can post 'needle drops'?

Then again it'll only start a row so perhaps best not.

If anyone wants to listen, send me a PM.
So what conclusions did you reach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online