Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Excellent-Quad-ESL-57-Speakers-Fully-Boxed-Ship-Worldwide-/390709490711

These to me are an extremely special pair of ESL57s due to end in about 5 hours, I can vouch for them personally as they have been owned by my father for the past 40+ years.

the original Quad packaging they come with is in as new condition and protected them for the journey when he personally drove each way from Dorset for quad to completed the service.

If you are looking for a genuine unmolested pair of 57s you could definitely do worse and it would be lovely to know they will continue to be cherished by only their third ever owner on the Wam

Russ at HiFi House is a true gent and is kindly selling these on Dad's behalf.

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dad originally used Quad 22 their original KT66 valve amplification which I believe is not dissimilar to your leaks so i would expect a near perfect match. Later on he changed to Quad 33 solid state but I always preferred the valves myself.

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Steve,

I really have no idea how much they will fetch, I can only hope for a decent price for Dad.

I can only repeat what has been said time and again about 57s, there is something very right about their presentation that will keep you listening well into the small hours especially with vinyl.

Good luck if you decide to go for them you will definitely not be disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did you win Steve?

As you probably saw, they finally went for 685

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shame Steve,

would have been nice to see them go to someone on the Wam. He is undoubtedly going to miss them,

but will be satisfied if they have gone to a new owner that will care for them, and that is almost a given with speakers like these

Cheers

Ward

- - - Updated - - -

Shame Steve,

would have been nice to see them go to someone on the Wam. He is undoubtedly going to miss them,

but will be satisfied if they have gone to a new owner that will care for them, and that is almost a given with speakers like these

Cheers

Ward

modena

Wammer
New Wammer
Jan 11, 2009
Athens, Greece
AKA
George
Hi Ward

I must confess that your post was the reason for my impulse buying decision. The whole transaction went smoothly - it was a real pleasure to deal with Russ - and today, the ESLs have been collected by TNT. I do hope that they will arrive without any damages.

Needless to say that I will treat them with all the care and respect they deserve, as an iconic piece of history, a unique example of innovation in high fidelity.

I will pm you my address in Athens.

If you or your dad ever come to Greece, it would be my pleasure if you drop by.

Kind regards

George

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi George,

Thank-you for your kind offer.

Russ ships delicate equipment all over the world so I'm sure that the speakers will turn up safely and I hope they bring you as many years of pleasure as they have given our family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.