[WANTED] Stax Lambda Signature Earspeaker Headband Arc

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As per the title...these are for a tatty pair of Lambda Signature earspeakers and not only do they appear to be a rare as rocking horse poo to find available in the UK, let alone anywhere else, dear old Google hasn't been of great help either...

arc.jpg

This is what it looks like... and according to the Stax Facebook group, the Nova Signature arc will fit the Lambda earspeakers I have...

Any pointers appreciated :)  

Last edited by a moderator:

mac72

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 12, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did you get in touch with them directly ? some spares are not listed on their website as they're S/H and in some circumstances these  used for repair , obviously they make you aware of this . I remember Marc repaired my Stax phones and asked me to wait with payment til I was happy with their work . First class service .

orbscure

Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep, emailed Marc directly after being put in his direction by my local Stax dealer Unilet, hence my looking to see if there are any available from other sources ;)  

Reactions: mac72

orbscure

Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks... first two already drawn blanks... I'll check out the third and the last recommended my local Stax dealer, that being Unilet, who I rang yesterday and who then suggested Electromod... :)  

Glissando

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2020
North mids
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks... first two already drawn blanks... I'll check out the third and the last recommended my local Stax dealer, that being Unilet, who I rang yesterday and who then suggested Electromod... :)  
If you want to try further afield there is Stax in the USA but their service can range between good and terrible depending on luck!

You could try emailing Justin @ Headamp in the US https://www.headamp.com/pages/about-us

There is Audio Cubes in Japan might be worth an email https://audiocubes.com/collections/vendors?q=stax

Alternatively try the classifieds or place a wanted on HeadFi  https://www.head-fi.org/ and Head-Case https://www.head-case.org/forums/

• Upvote
Reactions: orbscure

orbscure

Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Glissando... as way of an update to your previous suggestions, Symmetry Systems replied to my question, but weren't able to help and they copied in Marc at Electromod, so all Stax roads here in the UK apparently lead to him... :)  

I'm a long time member of the HeadFi forum, so will try to remember my login details and see if anybody else there can help... and thanks for the other suggestions too, I'll check them out later tonight ;)   

Glissando

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2020
North mids
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You are most welcome.

As far as i'm aware the headband on the Lambda series hasn't changed much in decades so I'm surprised if one of the later models wont fit in their place.

Birgir Gudjonsson could probably suggest an alternative. Spares do come up occasionally on those two headphone forums. Have one the forks broken or has the headband snapped as the plastic does get brittle over the years.

orbscure

Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There lies the problem, from chatting with Robin/Wizmax, who lent me his SRM1T, there appears to be subtle differences between the various types of similar earspeakers. Finding a definitive answer has proved nearly as difficult as finding anybody who has one  :)  

My Signatures were supplied with an SRM3 energizer and had no pads or headband arch. As a temporary solution for the pads, I've purchased a SoCas 3D mod kit for the original Lambda as seen here so that larger 3rd party large cushions can be fitted, although the long term plan is to source original or 3rd party pads... I'd like to eventually have them as original as I can... 

Last edited by a moderator:

ProfessorP3PP3R

ProfP
Wammer
Oct 15, 2020
Cheltenham
AKA
Zak
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wonder if you've managed to sort these out yet? Surprised Moljnir didn't have any stock, shame really. 
But yea defo keep on the search! I recently had a pair of Sigs myself before moving them on and sticking with my Sigma's through an SRD7. 

Defo keep an eye out for some genuine/original pads, from my experience with them the original pads signifinantly help with the sound of the headphones.
Be a shame to loose out! so all the best with the search!

orbscure

Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No Zac... despite the 3D mod kit for the earpads arriving this week, I'm still nowhere near getting the old earspeakers up and running. I did eventually get some feedback from the UK Distributors before Christmas and they suggested that the SR404/407 complete arc would be what I'd need... but with none in stock, I'm waiting for an automated email advising me when they're back in stock... same for the original brown earpads too. In the meantime, I'm keeping an eye out in all the usual places :)  

Glissando

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2020
North mids
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No Zac... despite the 3D mod kit for the earpads arriving this week, I'm still nowhere near getting the old earspeakers up and running. I did eventually get some feedback from the UK Distributors before Christmas and they suggested that the SR404/407 complete arc would be what I'd need... but with none in stock, I'm waiting for an automated email advising me when they're back in stock... same for the original brown earpads too. In the meantime, I'm keeping an eye out in all the usual places :)  
I think the headbands for the SR-407 will not fit the older Stax because the yoke mounting holes on the older Stax is only half the diameter of the later ones, so you need to check if thats 100% correct. The Earspeaker capsules themselves are identical , so you could consider enlarging the older holes, but that might be risky as plastic can become brittle as it ages.

orbscure

Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The holes on my ear speakers are around 3mm and as I mentioned, the UK Distributor recommend the SR404/407 arc...

orbscure

Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
xD  Tell me about it... I can’t believe how difficult it’s been but the only identification on the ear speakers are Signature... 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles