Who is going to the Tonbridge Audiojumble ??

F

forgot-my-id

I might go, as a punter. I don't have enough for a table, and I don't want to get up at 6am

I  know one or two of you are, I bet there are more.

Anyone got space on their table for a pair of Radford monos ? They might sell, they might not.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ll be there in my usual spot, right next to Robin.

I haven’t any room for anything on my table, sadly - possibly even not everything I’m bringing!

Beckenham

Vintage Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2008
London
AKA
Fernando
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After almost 10 years twice a year of attending one of the best second hand audio event in UK, and since the new management adds a new and early entrance in amount £20 I’m not go anymore, last year was my last time i'm afraid.                                                                                                                          I know, £20 is not a fortune, 3 or 4 pints is the price that we pay in any pub, anyway...

Last year I show my totally disappointment with this new ticket price in a earlier hour.

In my view was I said last year, is not fair,  is totally unjustified too. It does not give everyone the opportunity to buy audio itens a fair price.

I can’t really understand why 3 different entrance prices in the same morning. The new management guys said due to high demand, well, to be honest the Audiojumble have high demand nearly 25 years...but to be frankly is totally not acceptable in my view if course.

If the new management wants make more money okay “I understand”, but first they have to think not only for who can pay £20 for get the first bargains  ( depends what kind of bargains we are looking for of course ) but have to think to the other,  for  many reasons can’t afford £20 or just can’t attend earlier because live very far from Tonbridge...

The guys that pay earlier entree at £20 for get bargains firstly,  I repeat again my question, wich kind of stuff the other people that pay £12 and £6 get?

One price at a same hour in my view is fair, okay £20 right, but only at one hour, this way give opportunity to everyone just not few.Tonbridge still a amazing place to meet friendly wammers, but that's life.   

Sorry guys, is my opinion

Best wishes for Audiojumble - Tonbridge and hope the demand stills strong and busy. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: uzzy
F

forgot-my-id

bargain hunters - start at the back, or the middle.  Everyone starts by the door and its busy, mostly with gawpers getting in the way. Then keep looking all day, you'll miss some things first time around, and second, and eventually there might be deals to be done on the remainders at the end.

Having said that, its not as busy as it has been a few years ago.

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would like to dispel the myth that buyers entering Audiojumble early get the best bargins, what they actually get is first sight of, and the opportunity to buy the goods on offer.

From a sellers point of view, and I have been doing this for about 6 years now, I offer my units at what I consider to be fair price bearing in mind current selling prices on eBay and making adjustments to allow for no fees, no postage/shipping inconvenience and what the items owe me. Just because someone pays to enter the sale early I do not see why I should accept any offer lower than my selling price until at least 11.30 when everyone has had a chance to view the items. Usually at about 12.00 I will re-evaluate the prices of what remains and reduce prices if I really don't want to take things home and hump them up the stairs again.

Paying to go in early gets you more choice not better prices.

The only other event similar to Audiojumble, that I am aware of, is the NCVF fair, https://www.nvcf.co.uk/ , their early entry is £25 and their standard entry is £10 and a lot of the sales are not audio related.

The decision by the new management of Audiojumble, who are in fact the children of John Howes who  started the whole thing up 27 years ago, to allow an extra early entry to the event was taken to regularise a practice whereby a select few were admitted before 9.30 thus giving everyone the same opportunity if they chose to accept it, the cost of admission at  9.30 and 10.30 has not increased for many years and nor have the prices of stalls.

• Upvote
Reactions: joolz and orbscure
F

forgot-my-id

There may well be a handful of genuine bargains to be had, snapped up by the early birds.  The biggest dealers have their own table, so are in before the start.

I once missed a gorgeous pair of bbc valve amps, a lot of dosh, but worth it, I said to the chap who had them, on a table near me, Ill buy them as soon as I've sold something. 

Not quick enough, missed them.

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As an aside, there is a decent chance you’ll get a better bargain later on.

Personally speaking, I don’t usually accept silly offers early on in the day but at 2pm when the thing is still sitting on my table and I don’t want to take it home, anything goes!

toprepairman

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 6, 2010
Surrey
AKA
Henry
Hi Adam, Robin etc.

I'll be there as usual and look forward to catching up with all.

I'll have a table with not a lot on it so Fmyid you can put your amps there if you like.

Main hall against the wall. The wall opposite to the punters entrance ina middling position.

If I remember I'll have my red/white stripey jumper on.

Reactions: forgot-my-id
F

forgot-my-id

I'll have a table with not a lot on it so Fmyid you can put your amps there if you like.

Main hall against the wall. The wall opposite to the punters entrance ina middling position.

Thats decent of you ! Now I might have to get up a bit earlier.

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Adam, Robin etc.

Are you bringing your valve tester Henry?

Monitor Gold Ten

Basking in the warm glow of Electron Tubes.
Wammer
Aug 6, 2012
Catfield
AKA
Stu
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Adam, Robin etc.

Good point! How will I recognise fellow Wammers? I'll wear Tweed and Courdroy for easy identification... 👍 👍 👍 😎 

Reactions: forgot-my-id

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am attending and will be wearing my " Now thats what I call a Wammer 2017 T shirt " 

Feel free to buy me a coffee  9_9  may allso use my Audio Al exhibiters lanyard 

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online