Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Extracts from the International Landscape Photographer of the Year website

Some of the landscapes are straight out of camera, others are from the photographer's imagination.

I find it quite compelling that what drives one landscape photographer can be so different to another. For some, the capture of nature at its most wonderful is reward enough. In fact, these are the moments photographers live for and being out in the landscape is often as enjoyable as shooting it with a camera.

However, the history of landscape art is much broader than merely creating a record of nature. It is interpretive, imaginative and inspirational. Other photographers take their captures and re-map the tonality; some take several captures to produce a landscape of the mind.

I don't really mind photo manipulation to produce a visually pleasing image, and most of my images have had some sort of manipulation, as I'm sure you've noticed. The great skies aren't always where you want them!

There are now some photo competitions in the amateur/club circuit, including landscape ones, that stipulate the image must be from one exposure only. When doing my 'constructed' landscapes, I try to make the final image look realistic. I know that there are a lot of people who don't believe in manipulated images in photography.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online