Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ayre QB-9DSD USB DAC in Black , vgc original box & instructions , RRP £2500 brought from elite audio last year at £950 s/h with one years guarantee , this was sent back to Elite audio last month as it had a light hum from transformer , they fixed it and sent back and sold by me to a wammer for £750 , i  then refunded him as the hum returned , elite are looking into this for me , the hum is not audible through speakers , nor when playing music , it is faint in the room when quite , i put a paper weight on top over the transformer area and it quiets it down so you have to really listen for it up close but it is still there , there are some blurb on the web about this from other owners , apparently its common in this actual model , some people suggest getting transformer replaced which this has been done by Elite  ,  Ayre has also suggested on the web  that its due to 2 transformers within it and you just have to live with it , i have for a year but now selling my whole system so am offering this at £500 plus delivery or collection from PL329PS , pound for sound unbeatable , this is a very organic relaxed sounding dac for the music lover .

ayre7.jpg

ayre3.jpg

ayre5.jpg

ayre2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GLB

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar