Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don’t think it is. If there is an issue that big it will be resolved when before it starts to threaten races. He is highlighting it to get the cap raised early to make funds available during this, the most critical phase for car development. He can probably feel the hot breath of rival teams on his neck. The team also has the burden of engine manufacture without the benefit of customers to share the costs.

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don’t think it is. If there is an issue that big it will be resolved when before it starts to threaten races. He is highlighting it to get the cap raised early to make funds available during this, the most critical phase for car development. He can probably feel the hot breath of rival teams on his neck. The team also has the burden of engine manufacture without the benefit of customers to share the costs.
Sounds about right Mr Horner doing his thing like he does🤔

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The FIA are looking at dropping some of the old race tracks like Monaco & belgium & charles Leclerc is warning it would be a mistake to drop Monaco but he is a resident even though it's the most boring race on the calender Year after year.🥱😴😴

bobovox

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 21, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The FIA are looking at dropping some of the old race tracks like Monaco & belgium & charles Leclerc is warning it would be a mistake to drop Monaco but he is a resident even though it's the most boring race on the calender Year after year.🥱😴😴
Silverstone allegedly facing the chop as well. It may just be a negotiating tactic but it would be the final nail in the coffin for my interest in the sport if say Spa dropped off the calendar in favour of more sports washing for some of the world’s worst regimes.

Reactions: garn63 and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Silverstone allegedly facing the chop as well. It may just be a negotiating tactic but it would be the final nail in the coffin for my interest in the sport if say Spa dropped off the calendar in favour of more sports washing for some of the world’s worst regimes.
Same here👍

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Please can someone at FIA see sense and drop Monaco while it may be a great jolly and day out for the rich and famous to schmooze it is by far the most boring and least watchable race on the calender .

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Please can someone at FIA see sense and drop Monaco while it may be a great jolly and day out for the rich and famous to schmooze it is by far the most boring and least watchable race on the calender .
Couldn't agree more. Dreadful waste of a slot in the calendar. Unless Lewis wins, of course...🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The aim is more races In the USA. The whole point of lighting the fire under the traditional locations is because they are rich but not indispensable. We have a number of race locations vs. whole cities and States willing to bankroll races on their turf.

Reactions: Tony_J and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The aim is more races In the USA. The whole point of lighting the fire under the traditional locations is because they are rich but not indispensable. We have a number of race locations vs. whole cities and States willing to bankroll races on their turf.
👍

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And unfair - Perez would have been 4th with that rubber on any other track.
Plus the lack of overtaking allowed the awful Alonso to back up his nemesis, Hamilton, by over 37 seconds - and then when his team mate Occon was handed a 5 second add-on penalty, he 'miraculously' made up 4 secs a lap or so.

Embarassing and unedifying for the driver and team alike..

Ive said it before - Monaco is not a proper racetrack because it doesn't return the fastest driver as the winner.
Imagine a horse race where there was no overtaking, or , ditto, a Superbike race.
Monaco is irrational.

Jack NSM

zeta4

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2009
Oxford, , United Kin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Apparently there are changes that can be made to the Monaco track to make it possible to pass but the organizers have so far refused to do so,
saying that its not neccesary ! Maybe the threat to remove them from the calendar may change their minds. The sticking point though might be the desire from Liberty to increase the event fee as well. I agree though at the moment the race is a farce and I wouldnt miss it. Silverstone and Spa are very different. If they go then so will I.

Last edited:

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Apparently there are changes that can be made to the Monaco track to make it possible to pass but the organizers have so far refused to do so,
saying that its not neccesary ! Maybe the threat to remove them from the calendar may change their minds. The sticking point though might be the desire from Liberty to increase the event fee as well. I agree though at the moment to race is a farce and I wouldnt miss it. Silverstone and Spa are very different. If they go then so will I.
Something has to change soon and soon I hope 🤞🏻

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Potentially Alonso ruined any chance of Lewis casing the pack by driving at 4 secs a lap slower then those ahead ….but with no chance if being passed at Monaco. Something has to change, it was only the rain that made the race ‘exciting’

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Potentially Alonso ruined any chance of Lewis casing the pack by driving at 4 secs a lap slower then those ahead ….but with no chance if being passed at Monaco. Something has to change, it was only the rain that made the race ‘exciting’
Alonso need to just bugger off & race somewhere else he is such an arrogant prick🤬 tbh he did demonstrate the futility of the so called race track when a car can be 4 sec slower than those behind & there is no way to get past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.