Back in Business

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to Murray Johnson and Guy my turntable is now back in business. And it was a real blighter. After spending a signficant amount of time on the beast it looked fixed but Guy was not givn' up, one last shot and the dreaded dry joint manifested itself. A couple of mins and all was well.

So back home, connect it all up and off we go.

Interesting. I have become so used to CD I forgot what analogue could do. I luv it !!! but I can see how others may like the tighter, sharper (stiff) sound of CD. But to relax and fall into some music then vinyl works a treat.

Now Jen's out for the next 4 hours, the TT is spinning well, the stylus give a quick vibratory clean, valves at the ready and warmed up, and speakers all ready to go.

See you later chaps....
biggrin.png

M

murray johnson

Any pictures?

How was Mr Adams? Did you go over there?

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ta, The TT is Voyd 0.5 Reference with SME V and Audionote Io II.

I'll organise some piccies when I am back from a short EU sojourn. Mr Adams was in rude health and doing very well. Told me about his current projects with at least 2 TT manufacturers.

CD is certainly interesting BUT it does not have the tonal range and things like die-away fades from cymbals (CD does it but not as convincingly). The tone on bass instruments is excellent. However, my relaxing xould be your boring.....

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
George 47 wrote:

Ta, The TT is Voyd 0.5 Reference with SME V and Audionote Io II.I'll organise some piccies when I am back from a short EU sojourn. Mr Adams was in rude health and doing very well. Told me about his current projects with at least 2 TT manufacturers.

CD is certainly interesting BUT it does not have the tonal range and things like die-away fades from cymbals (CD does it but not as convincingly). The tone on bass instruments is excellent. However, my relaxing xould be your boring.....
I suspect not in my case George! It sounds very nice
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
Im getting some pretty decent bass tones on my SME/IO combination too and Its very very addictive..

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
George 47 wrote:

:shock:Hey - you stole my last major TT system !! ... (well almost)

... I had a Voyd 0.5, SME5 and a Dynavector XXL1 ... then I lunched my Dyna
sad.png
- bloody cantilever is waaay too exposed
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
JANDL100 wrote:

George 47 wrote:
:shock:Hey - you stole my last major TT system !! ... (well almost)

... I had a Voyd 0.5, SME5 and a Dynavector XXL1 ... then I lunched my Dyna
sad.png
- bloody cantilever is waaay too exposed
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif
Get a Decca :nerd: then get it rebuilt and retipped by Expert Pickups in Ashtead with a fine line stylus. Then be very very amazed :nerd:.

No cantilever to worry about and unless you poke about underneath it it is unlikely you will ever knock the stylus accidentally

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
george...very fine TT/arm/cart combo...one of my faves the voyd and superbly musical IMO...sort of Linn with everything right (sorry).
smile.png

M

murray johnson

deeply insulting Rocky! sort of PT with everything right would've been better!

M

murray johnson

not much really, especially now Funk are doing the Vector Link.

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
I was thinking of getting My Anni. the full Funk Firm treatment at some point. As well as a decent arm, cartridge, phone stage... the list goes on
wink.gif.25d7e4815f6a2fee62f4117deebb27e0.gif

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Napoleon wrote:

Of the TT. Not just some random picture. Just thought I should clear that up...
OK when I get back from Vienna. It is sunny and 33C here, phew what a scorcher. I'll take a few of the TT and the Macs on wobbly quadraspire stands.

I use an Audionote transformer set up AN2 I think. Straight into the Mac may look at alternatives to the Mac as its good but not the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.