Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Select all your tracks, then in the Tag Sources Tab along the top, there is an option for cover art.
Just choose the search source.

Personally, I embed manually album-by-album, then I know it's the correct artwork. Just use Google images and pick the one with a decent quality.
I did this for all my 5000+ albums (and checked all track spellings, release dates, etc..). It was very time consuming, taking quite a few months.
But, now it's done I know it's all correct.
I just tried MP3tag, I selected the parent Music folder and it picked up all the tracks. Then went to cover art and chose Musicbrainz (as I don't have a discogs account) and it started embedding every album with the picture of the album of the first album in the track list. I don't have time to do album by album, I just need a quick fix.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how do I tell it to select the relevant cover art for each album rather than just the first album in the list?

I've also got to work out how to remove the incorrect cover art, fortunately I realised what it was doing and stopped it after about 20 tracks.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is a software program called taghycardia which does exactly what you are looking for you point it to the directory that your music is in and it will go through that then come up with suggestions and repairs were needed .

https://taghycardia.info/
If you decide to go for this read the purchase instructions carefully as if not followed exactly as explained then it does not seem to work but when you do it does in fact work.
Thanks Andrew I went to purchase and it said he can't take payments directly due to the Russian sanctions and you have to email the request, so I'm going to try something else first and see how I get on.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been trying something called Musicbrainz Picard on some test files in my laptop and it seems to do what I want.

I wouldn't have found it without Andrew's help as it came up as an alternative when I looked for a review of the software he recommended so thanks for that 👍

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Actually that didn't go too well, I saved the album art ok but when it first analysed the files it broke them up into smaller albums, singles etc and they got overwritten with the album art. I need to find something where I can tell it to only change the album art and not any other metadata, or something that actually has at least as good metadata as my music folder has already.

t1no

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2014
North West
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Actually that didn't go too well, I saved the album art ok but when it first analysed the files it broke them up into smaller albums, singles etc and they got overwritten with the album art. I need to find something where I can tell it to only change the album art and not any other metadata, or something that actually has at least as good metadata as my music folder has already.
Foobar2000 …

Reactions: Lawrence001

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Qobuz is a good source for album cover images.
I copy the cover, open it with an image editor, resize to 300x300pixels and then paste it onto the designated field in the music file.

t1no

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2014
North West
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Qobuz is a good source for album cover images.
I copy the cover, open it with an image editor, resize to 300x300pixels and then paste it onto the designated field in the music file.
A simple internet image search will usually find any album cover. I usually go for images over 1000 x 1000px and scale to 1024 x 1024px. Sometimes you need to fix them a little bit, and I find that turning down the brightness and increasing the contrast makes them far more suitable for a screen. I always batch process the images and scale them to 720px and 240px for use on a phone or as small album art for thumbnails / coverflow type searches.

I don't normally embed album art as most media players will pick up the image if it conforms to a certain filename and lives in the same folder as the music e.g. cover.jpg. I do embed the art if converting to MP3 or AAC

Reactions: tuga

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is all academic as I need to bulk tag about 3,000 album art images automatically with some software (without changing any other tags/album names unless I'm happy with them). I'll
try something else next time I have a bit of time.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This was suggested by my brother never used it but it has batch conversion and he says the edit functions mean you can set up the parameters you need to get the end result you want . TigoTago is the name and it is free I think but that may have changed my brother suggests it needs like most software a little bit of practice to get it as you want it. He used a couple of flash drives with few few albums on with issues you want to address as practice before you launch in to your library .

Reactions: Lawrence001

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.