ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Red is with the chair in place and green is without the chair.  @MartinC I couldn't resist a look.

So it would seem that these are not good at all

13:8:2021 1st try.jpg

13:8:2021 Ist try no chair.jpg

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And here are the rest:

What's next?

IMG_0635.jpeg IMG_0634.jpeg IMG_0633.jpeg IMG_0632.jpeg
You should save the measurements and make a note of mic and speaker placement 

It would help if you set the vertical scale to 50dB wide

And add a bit of smoothing, either 1/12 or variable 

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yellow looks best but you need to add smoothing 

also 50cm is a lot, you need to fine tune to 5cm

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yellow looks best but you need to add smoothing 

also 50cm is a lot, you need to fine tune to 5cm
I don't know how to add smoothing.  I have a MAC and your shortcuts are for Windows.  The only ones that worked for me were undo zoom and variable smoothing.

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't know how to add smoothing.  I have a MAC and your shortcuts are for Windows.  The only ones that worked for me were undo zoom and variable smoothing.
Sorry I am away on the phone but it’s in one of the menus in the Apple file bar

cam you reduce the vertical scale to 50dB wide, eg 60 to 110

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
OK.  I found it. It still looks pretty bad

E9FE6C31-63FF-4BE1-9035-0AA3426D5DD1.jpeg
You can select the plots on the left and then choose the all measurements tab

It helps when comparing 

the porthole around 100hz is a bit too wide, maybe some floor bounce interference?

Is this with or without the Moroccan coffee table?

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You can select the plots on the left and then choose the all measurements tab

It helps when comparing 

the porthole around 100hz is a bit too wide, maybe some floor bounce interference?

Is this with or without the Moroccan coffee table?
You are going to have to dumb it down for me. All were taken with the table.

The business at about 45Hz, 60 and 75 is what I suspect is causing all the fuss in the bass boom.

This is what you want to see?

all six trials.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: tuga

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You are going to have to dumb it down for me. All were taken with the table.

The business at about 45Hz, 60 and 75 is what I suspect is causing all the fuss in the bass boom.

This is what you want to see?

96BD46CA-421A-44A0-96E5-5F7F9D5AEA7A.jpeg
It looks like 1, 3 and 5 are the worst

can you tick them off and export a graph of that?

then perhaps sketch on a paper the location of the other three?

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some fascinating stuff on this thread - I just wanted to draw the following to the attention of @newlash09

http://arqen.com/wp-content/docs/diffusers/Diffuser-A1LF-Fab-Drawings-Arqen.pdf - I inadvertently messed up the sound of my room by packing away my CD collection (previously occupying a fair percentage of one side wall and a corner) - I built a three of these "leanfuser" panels in an afternoon at a cost of about £40 in materials - they are (so I have read) scalable within reason if you keep the relative dimensions the same - I have actually made mine a bit taller than they should be for aesthetic reasons, but figure that as they are 2D, this shouldn't matter - in an ideal world I would have made room measurements etc, but I just stuck them where the most acoustically relevant bits of my CD shelving used to be - I have been extremely pleased with the results:

20221015_185222.jpg

(I have dusted since this photo was taken  :oops: )

This has piqued my interest in room acoustics - I have a couple of GIK 'impression' series panels fitted at first reflection points as well - can you recommend a good primer/idiot's guide to REW? I am thinking of acquiring a UMIK-1 and having a go.... MH

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This has piqued my interest in room acoustics - I have a couple of GIK 'impression' series panels fitted at first reflection points as well - can you recommend a good primer/idiot's guide to REW? I am thinking of acquiring a UMIK-1 and having a go.... MH
While I was initially frustrated yesterday with REW, I think you can see by the graphs that by the end of one day I had a handle on it. Their website and Tuga got me going pretty quickly and I feel like it's not a daunting as I previously thought.  You should do fine.  The next task is to do what you did and see if I can make some of the room treatment myself and buy some from Gik.

• Upvote
Reactions: Bokke and MotherSky

ChemMan

ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It looks like 1, 3 and 5 are the worst

can you tick them off and export a graph of that?

then perhaps sketch on a paper the location of the other three?
Yes, of course.  I'm taking today off as we have visitors, but I'll get after it on the morrow.  Thanks for all the help so far Yoda. :notworthy:

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some fascinating stuff on this thread - I just wanted to draw the following to the attention of @newlash09

http://arqen.com/wp-content/docs/diffusers/Diffuser-A1LF-Fab-Drawings-Arqen.pdf - I inadvertently messed up the sound of my room by packing away my CD collection (previously occupying a fair percentage of one side wall and a corner) - I built a three of these "leanfuser" panels in an afternoon at a cost of about £40 in materials - they are (so I have read) scalable within reason if you keep the relative dimensions the same - I have actually made mine a bit taller than they should be for aesthetic reasons, but figure that as they are 2D, this shouldn't matter - in an ideal world I would have made room measurements etc, but I just stuck them where the most acoustically relevant bits of my CD shelving used to be - I have been extremely pleased with the results:

20221015_185222.jpg

(I have dusted since this photo was taken  :oops: )

Sure sir...i remember saving a REW handy guide somewhere. Will look for it now and will post back :)

And thanks for the link to the diffusers, will check it up now :)

Reactions: MotherSky

Bokke

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sure sir...i remember saving a REW handy guide somewhere. Will look for it now and will post back :)

And thanks for the link to the diffusers, will check it up now :)
What are you using now?

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What are you using now?
Is it about REW or diffusers sir...if it is about diffusers, I haven't gotten them yet. But have my sights on some skyline diffusers at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.