Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thought I’d put this thread up as it was mentioned in a previous topic

Personally I have or should I now say “we” have no plans for changing the main system and the mancave is full of vintage gear to play with to my hearts content

Instead we are going to have experiences of a different kind

First off news years day , Ronnie Scotts and a day round London

A stay at the refurbished Asana Crescent at Buxton

Mamma Mia the musical 

Jeff Wayne’s War of the worlds in March

We also have tickets for Dick and Angel from escape to the Chatau

Could have brought something really fabulous for that lot ..

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mine are very quiet next year:

- new speakers stands arrive 05/01. Custom Design shiny chrome ones, custom made for my Harbeth M30's.

- I am going to upgrade my disc spinner at some point. Pos an audiolab 6000cdt transport, especially if there is a price drop in Jan. But equally up for other options and may grab something from the classifieds if/when I see it.

- the major one is I am having the house rewired (along with other major stuff too). Whilst doing this I'll be getting a dedicated mains loop for my hifi kit. 

My life will be in boxes in storage for a while, hence no hifi. I'm sure I will doubly appreciate it once it gets reinstated and we move back into our house.

Edit: 

The Mrs and I realised we barely managed to see any gigs this year, whereas normally we'd see gigs on a near weekly basis. We've decided that 2022 will be filled with live music, as much as is possible. To that end I've already booked three gigs and intend to aim for at least one per month. Nothing makes me happier than bopping away to a live band and I miss that greatly, so we intend to do much more of that next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
  • get the lounge decorated and carpeted. Put the main HiFi (LP12 &c, other sources, Radford, Tannoys) and the AV system (VHS & DVD machines, arcam alpoha amplifier, crt telly, Concord-IV speakers) back together
  • get the bedroom decorated & carpeted. Put the second HiFi (sony & arcam sources, arcam alpha amplifier, Celeste-III speakers) back together
  • There are other things to do but these will be the main improvements to the quality of life and if I achieve them I'll be a bit happier. A big plus would be getting my VHF aerial put up and FM radio distributed throughout the house

... so it's mainly about being able to use the kit I've already got rather than trying to get more.

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just love the continuing search for music to tickle my earholes .. was recently given the Album Ghosts by The Big Wreck.  Only listened to it once so far but this track (a cover of an old Tom Robinson song) really got into my head and personal view - what a brilliant cover   

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
To try and find out why my Vinyl source sounds crap compared to my digital sources (CD + streaming).

Every time I put on an LP, I inevitably find it 'soft and mushy' so I go to Tidal and find it there and prefer it.

chezi

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Nov 8, 2012
Fun City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
New cartridge as my Dynavector XX2 has seen plenty use in the 2 years I have had the pleasure owning it , still sounds awsome and the needle is clean as a whistle.

Not sure if I should stick to the Dynavector , I have been advised that the EMT HSD 006 is a cracker and I also have a hankering for the much touted Hana ML. 🙃

Also gonnna buy a Milty Zerostat that I have been promising to buy for years.  :pop:

Records..............more records.  :stereo:

chz

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Try and resolve where I want to be amplification wise as currently have Nords, IA MB845SEs and an Arcam Alpha 8P (summer amp) with which to drive my ML Summits. 

Not sure whether to stick with one of the above or sell them all and go for a big class A muscle amp or Neuro chrome 686.

Continue my investigations into the abilities of the new BigBottle Ultimate' Vs my BB3. 

Build myself some homebrew ICs & SCs

Buy more music

Continue hosting BOs

Support any new wam show venue by exhibiting. 

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Continue with my ongoing MC or not  - the 2M Black just sounds great.

Investigate whether or not my Pellar should be so 'hissy'. I've only just noticed and have emailed them, it may need a service, or not....

Buy more music.

Reactions: Beyond you

HouseElf

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Oct 16, 2016
Coppull
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think I will be trying a few sub £2k streamers out to see if one can usurp the Aries Mini in the Spring plus pitting the internal phonostage in the Sugden against some stand alone ones. 

Reactions: Rockchild and DomT

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My plans for 2022:

1. Finish off the album of songs I've been working on all through lockdown and put it on YouTube. 

2. Build more amplifiers with 2a3 and 6C4C outputs

3. Build a type 47 DHT preamp. 

4. Sell LOADS of valves I've accumulated over the years. Several hundreds. Plus other tube stuff. 

5. Make a couple of pairs of 2-way speakers with aluminium cabinets. I have most of the parts already. 

Reactions: Beyond you and DomT

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
To try and find out why my Vinyl source sounds crap compared to my digital sources (CD + streaming).

Every time I put on an LP, I inevitably find it 'soft and mushy' so I go to Tidal and find it there and prefer it.
Happy to bring over a couple of phono stages, as it sounds like the Whest may be set up for sub optimal capacitance, is it adjustable?

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Happy to bring over a couple of phono stages, as it sounds like the Whest may be set up for sub optimal capacitance, is it adjustable?
Unfortunately, the Whest PS20 that I’m using doesn’t have adjustable capacitance. I’ve set the resistance to 220 ohms as AT suggest a loading > 100 ohm. Thanks for your offer of bringing over a few phono stages, and I might take you up on that once Mrs TK has finished her recuperation after her hip replacement.  In the meantime I’ll try resetting the cartridge and adjusting the loading.

Reactions: hiesteem

Three sheds

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 30, 2019
Cardiff
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Complete a long list of diy jobs including a complete overhaul of the dining room to build up sufficient brownie points to start looking at replacements for my TT, CDP & dac. Hopefully the classifieds will bear fruit!

In the meantime continue adding subtle room treatments to reduce reflections in my listening room.

• Haha
Reactions: hiesteem

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
No plans to buy any kit. Will be changing the room around, with the system moving to the opposite wall. Will give the speakers more room to breathe. 

Have got 4 gigs booked already this year and will be booking more hopefully. 

Cheers BB 

Reactions: hiesteem and DUVET

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.