Wammer
Sep 9, 2018
High Peak
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thought I’d put this thread up as it was mentioned in a previous topic

Personally I have or should I now say “we” have no plans for changing the main system and the mancave is full of vintage gear to play with to my hearts content

Instead we are going to have experiences of a different kind

First off news years day , Ronnie Scotts and a day round London

A stay at the refurbished Asana Crescent at Buxton

Mamma Mia the musical 

Jeff Wayne’s War of the worlds in March

We also have tickets for Dick and Angel from escape to the Chatau

Could have brought something really fabulous for that lot ..
+1 for Buxton. We live there and love it. Not stayed at the Crescent yet, but watched the steam rising off the outdoor pool the other day as a light snow was falling - looked great. Hope you have a lovely time.

• Thanks
Reactions: hiesteem

bigfish786

Wammer
Wammer
May 15, 2013
Yorkshire
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m looking at a speaker upgrade this coming year, happy as I am with focal 826v, I fancy a change so I’m looking at Triangle Genese Lyrr at the moment in white. These get full wife approval too 😊

• Haha

marywhitehouse

marywhitehouse
Wammer
Nov 1, 2020
Huntly
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Speaker upgrade here too. Really enjoy my Dynaudios but ear buds have shown sounds are missing so looking for new (used) stand mounts I’ll still enjoy but with more resolution. 

bigfish786

Wammer
Wammer
May 15, 2013
Yorkshire
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m looking at a speaker upgrade this coming year, happy as I am with focal 826v, I fancy a change so I’m looking at Triangle Genese Lyrr at the moment in white. These get full wife approval too 😊
I couldn't wait any longer, i've ordered them now. got a good deal too. 

• Haha

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Speaker upgrade here too. Really enjoy my Dynaudios but ear buds have shown sounds are missing so looking for new (used) stand mounts I’ll still enjoy but with more resolution. 
maybe change the amp first ?? maybe to a sugden a21se if you ever tried . forensically transparent  

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
New headphone amp ( could be  imminent ) and looking for a dac but the Node 21 easily suffices for now . 

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Upgrade the Gyro PSU and platter maybe.

Out maybe will be my pre amp and poweramp along with 5 turntables and possibly the Harbeths still. I’m happy with the Sugden so may go up the ladder on my proac’s. 
If I sell all the kit mentioned, I may better the DAC I have to keep in line with the vinyl set up but I think id have to spend a lot more to better the Copland. 

marywhitehouse

marywhitehouse
Wammer
Nov 1, 2020
Huntly
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Upgrade the Gyro PSU and platter maybe.

Out maybe will be my pre amp and poweramp along with 5 turntables and possibly the Harbeths still. I’m happy with the Sugden so may go up the ladder on my proac’s. 
If I sell all the kit mentioned, I may better the DAC I have to keep in line with the vinyl set up but I think id have to spend a lot more to better the Copland. 
Look forward to seeing the ads :D

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In an ideal world 2022 would include a step-up for both my vinyl and digital front ends, they both need some investment now. However, what I think will happen is an upgrade for the room instead - a new floor is desperately required to replace the current "trampoline" that passes for one. Followed by a redecoration, some room treatment, and lots of experimentation with setup and positioning to make the most of what I already have.

Oh, and of course I'll "waste" a little bit of money on some new cables....😁

t1no

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2014
North West
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As mentioned on another thread, I’ve only got one discretionary HiFi purchase in mind and only if the right item comes up at the right price. Meanwhile I will try to thin out my collection of excess stuff through the classifieds. 

Lee M

was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm almost certain I'm gonna downgrade. Decided on the replacements I want but will wait a few days until New Year etc.

TT to be sold and replaced by something cheaper, streamer, phono amp, pre-amp and power-amp replaced by all-in-one and lastly speakers to be sold and replaced by something cheaper. 

Gonna keep my speaker cable 😁

Look out in the classifieds soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
2022? First and foremost, try and finish at least some of the part-built projects. Second, look carefully at either dismatling some bits for parts or selling off a few things. Everyone likes to have a spare or two, but I really do have way too much stuff.

Buy more music, spend more time listening to music.

I'm trying to avoid any serious spending, because I really don't need to. Maybe a more serious MM cart for the GL75. There will be some spending on parts and bits, but nowt major. What I really need is some more time.

luckysim0n

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 23, 2013
Liverpool
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
2022? First and foremost, try and finish at least some of the part-built projects. Second, look carefully at either dismatling some bits for parts or selling off a few things. Everyone likes to have a spare or two, but I really do have way too much stuff.
Buy more music, spend more time listening to music.
I'm trying to avoid any serious spending, because I really don't need to. Maybe a more serious MM cart for the GL75. There will be some spending on parts and bits, but nowt major. What I really need is some more time.
Good luck with that ooooh look shiny [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Haha
Reactions: rabski

luckysim0n

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 23, 2013
Liverpool
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I'm almost certain I'm gonna downgrade. Decided on the replacements I want but will wait a few days until New Year etc.
TT to be sold and replaced by something cheaper, streamer, phono amp, pre-amp and power-amp replaced by all-in-one and lastly speakers to be sold and replaced by something cheaper. 
Gonna keep my speaker cable [emoji16]
Noooo

• Haha
Reactions: Lee M

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Gonna keep my speaker cable 😁

* Never post if your aff yer heed.     Good luck Lee !  🙄

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles