was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Behave Lee. You love music ? All I had 18yrs ago was an internet radio that did bass. I was content...or so I thought, looking out my window to the sea....watching the tide go in & out.....&.in.... & out.  When I finally got another hifi it was a bit meh & music passed me by, although being listened to constantly.  I guess what I'm trying to say is always be careful what you wish for.   Always allow yourself to be contradictory.     And remember, It's very easy to go numb as we age ?  😀

: Tips/contradictions :

* Q3030i = 200 ?

* You could rebel & instead upgrade to a very highly resolving & expensive set up ?

* Little refurbed Quad amp = 300 ?

* Follow your heart and get that Node.

* Sensibility is no fun ?

*Dont listen to him.   💯%

*It wont sound as good ?

*Always follow your inclinations.               😬

Hope this helps mate &  that you've had a good crimbo ! :)
Hi Mark,

I'm always music first, the system's a means to an end. Just like using my phone and 30 quid in-earbuds or in the car, I get equal enjoyment and odd looks in the car 🤣.

Just listening to some Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong on the system and it sounds incredible, literally they're both sat in front of me. Astonishing tbh.

NAD 10, Q Acoustics 3050i and a nice Project TT with RIIA built in and I'll still be able to enjoy Ella and Louis. Plus tie in my TV with the NAD for a simple 2.1. Not only will it be simpler, free up space and cash and I can dial the sound in via the DIrac live voodoo thing.

Will it sound worse ofc it will. After a month I'll not give a damn.

Maybe ill keep it all. 🙃

Sorry for the thread derail

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1. I will continue with room treatment where I left off this year. 

2. I need a proper streamer in my system, as I don't  want to faff with PC's anymore. So far iam inclined towards the esoteric N-05 XD if I can find a good deal locally.

Reactions: hiesteem and DomT

Fantasque

My world is full of spots
Wammer Plus
Jan 22, 2016
Mere, Wiltshire
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Humm 2022. My system (humble as it is) has been fairly static for a number of years. Hopefully I will be in a position to upgrade my ageing network streamer next year. I am very tempted by either the CA 851 or the NAD C658, both have built in DAC’s and can be used as pre-amps. Some of the cost could be offset by selling my mint QUAD 34 if I went for the NAD as it has a built-in phono stage. I have no idea how I would connect my TT to the CA as it doesn’t have any analogue inputs. The NAD also runs BluOs which is possibly the best streaming software on the market. Fingers crossed I can persuade the boss!

Carlbkk1

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 27, 2014
Bangkok
AKA
Carl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1. Move Audionet amps into my system.

2. Attempt to move away from CD if I can resist the temptation of Esoteric speakers.

3. Upgrade my Wilson 5.1 to something exciting but not crazily priced. Ideally Wilson Sasha 2 or Magico q5.

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1. I will continue with room treatment where I left off this year. 

2. I need a proper streamer in my system, as I don't  want to faff with PC's anymore. So far iam inclined towards the esoteric N-05 XD if I can find a good deal locally.
I would like to retract my above post :D

When the clock struck 0001 hrs indian time, my daughter asked me my new year resolution. And I then realised, I just didn't have one :D

But the first one that came across my mind was to halt my hifi spend, as it was getting sillier with every passing year. I've got a seriously good sounding system. I guess it's time to sit back and enjoy the sound I have :)

So no purchases for next year, but will finish the room treatment I started this year :)

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m definitely not going to buy a turntable that Hi-Fi Do emailed me about yesterday.

I’m not even going to contact them and ask if it’s still available.

Well, OK, I did do that out of curiosity, but I really hope they come back to me and say it’s sold.

Not that it matters because, as above, I’m not buying it.

karma67

Wammer
Feb 16, 2019
brighton
AKA
jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m definitely not going to buy a turntable that Hi-Fi Do emailed me about yesterday.

Well, OK, I did do that out of curiosity, but I really hope they come back to me and say it’s sold.

lol what is it then?

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Number of forum members who believe that = nil 😁

You know you want it. You know you need it. We all know you'll buy it!

P.S. Happy new year!

Last edited by a moderator:

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Collecting 2 more low powered valve amps for the horn system at some point ( a 2a3 and a 6C4C), hopefully, but, other than that, just keeping the show on the road.

Also getting the best for the Martin family for Joolz's kit which will involve a couple more Wam Taxis up the M1.

Jack

• Thanks
Reactions: hiesteem and pmcuk

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not planning any hifi purchases this year once my new to me Usher Stands are refinished & fettled. Not even new music as I have plenty to keep me entertained although I do have 3 Shpongle albums on pre order but they don't count they were ordered in  2021😝

Very happy with my set up with no plans to change👌🏻

flak monkey

Weirdo Mosher Freak
Wammer Plus
Dec 24, 2010
Norfolk, UK
AKA
Sera
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After spending the last few years playing with valve and ss amps I've decided to have a go at a digital line project in the form of a DIY AD1862 R-2R NOS DAC project. Might sound good, might be terrible, but it will keep me busy for a few weeks.

Reactions: hiesteem

billthewiz

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2011
Scotland
AKA
billy
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well I’ve got someone coming to buy my proac D1s on Monday so I’ll be boxing them up tomorrow. I was in Glasgow on Thursday just for a browse round some record shop’s(Xmas dosh) ended up putting a deposit on a preowned pair of ProAc D20r 😳picking them up next week sometime. Might get a streamer at some point. More music. That’ll do for now 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online