Aug 2, 2015
stondon massey
AKA
jason ruse
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Hi all, 

This is my first post in this section of the forum,so please be gentle.

I have a arcam dv139 which I use via stereo analogue output into a linn klimax pre,going into linn aktiv speakers and sub (2.1) and it sounds stunning with movies,albeit with a slight lip sync delay, i get the full 7.1 soundtrack mixed down to stereo within the dv139.

As good as the dv139 is, it's started playing up,so I took the plunge and bought a panasonic ub9000 to replace it,and have got said player today,but no matter what I've tried in the menu settings,can't get it to output the same as the arcam,the only output I get is full 7.1,but not mixed down to stereo,so only outputs front left and right channels.

Does anyone here use the same machine in similar circumstances to me,how do you get a full stereo signal via rca outputs?

If it won't do what I need,the only other way I can think of doing what I need,is getting something like an arcam avr350 and taking the remaining channels to feed some linn komponent speakers for the centre,and surround duties,while sending the front left and right part of the signal to my linn to power the main (front left and right) speakers and sub, would this work?

Any other tips or suggestions ?

To solve my problem?

Thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.