Dec 10, 2013
Fife, Scotland
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

THE OFFER NO LONGER EXISTS

Anyone interested in 3 months trial of Roon for $2

I'm not, cos I think it's a waste of money compared to my Logitech Media Server setup, but some of you might like to try it.

I'm assuming it's not a user specific offer as was able to Google it.

https://roonlabs.com/create-two-dollar

https://roonlabs.com/black-friday-two-dollar-terms

Terms state only for new users but I've tried the sign in here link and it gives the same offer ;)

BE AWARE OF PRICE RISES ON 1st JAN 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: Fullrange

The_Krell

Wammer
Sep 13, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a one month sub which had lapsed. I received an e-mail from Roon re: the offer. I was unable to take advantage of said offer as I had previously been a subscriber. I sent them an e-mail asking why they sent me the offer since I wasn't eligible. I received no response.

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They are trying to get lapsed users back since 2.0 so I don’t understand why this didn’t work. The e-mail wasn’t responded to because it was Thanksgiving Weekend probably. Post on the Roon forum. Re-activating your e-mail shouldn’t be a problem.

The_Krell

Wammer
Sep 13, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well they (finally) mailed me back today and sorted it. So 3 months for $2 which is very nice.

Shame its got to be a CC payment though with the "wonderful" x-rate that CC companies use plus that really nice fee on top.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is that a Credit Card Payment ? Is it a single payment or one that reverts to a regular monthly payment after the free period ? If this is the case then be very careful you have no control over cancelling this it is only the seller that can cancel it and you are then trusting them that if after the free trial you do not want to use the service any more then that they will cancel the payments they do not have to and it is a real struggle with the CC Company to get these things stopped and you will lose any payments made in the time it takes to get it cancelled.

mikeyb

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2013
Fife, Scotland
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The $ 2 deal has ENDED anyway, it was only available up to 28th November on the one I was sent, you'll see that the pages have now been deleted from Roon and gives you the 404 message.

THE OFFER NO LONGER EXISTS

However in case anyone has taken up the offer within the time, If not cancelled it bills automatically at the yearly up front rate at 2022 prices.

There is a button to cancel auto renew within your account settings.

I tried it for a couple of hours and binned it for about the 6th time, for me it's not worth the money over LMS and Material Skin, and that's even more relevant with the current exchange rates.

The_Krell

Wammer
Sep 13, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks both yes I have put a reminder to cancel it just before the 3 months runs out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.