Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jack has asked me to post that he has made it to his destination & everything that should have been picked up has been.

• Love
Reactions: TheFlash

khapahk

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 27, 2008
Linslade, Beds
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, Jack,

Thanks for your "taxi" service again, very much appreciated. Hope you had a good journey home and nothing fell off your car !

Bob

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Arrived back at the ranch just after midnight.
Sunday's trip:

Left at 10 00 a.m, but I knew it was to be a loong day!
Tackleberry's village was not easy to find w/o satnav, as its not marked on my road atlas!
That was the first collection and meeting Chris (non wammer) to collect 3 items and drop off my Nakamichi for repair was the next job.
We met at the retail park M64/A63 Leeds junction and both made it on time.
Selby was logically the next port of call (khapahk's Sugden), where the deskman (a bit of a mechanic), having looked at my front end to investigate an issue, diagnosed front brake pad wear. Ooer!
So i had to drive carefully the rest of the journey and cut out the luxury of the Mansfield gig which was to hear nak's speakers - shame.

Prima Lunas from Christray was next (Loughborough), and then on to Leighton Buzzard to drop off Richard 111's Sugden to K. This will be a doddle I thought as I had been there b4 to drop off some Proacs (which came from Richard in Selby too),

Not so! It seems that it had been decided to instigate a lane closure on the M1 at J16 by dropping all the necessary cones and both carriageways were brought to a standstill late afternoon. This cost me an hour.

So the rest of the journey was conducted in twilight then darkness and I was behind schedule.

This was the best bit though as there was no traffic on the road and I knew the route from Aylesbury as I used to work there many moons ago.

Amormusic (and Khapack) were kept informed on the mobe as to my lack of progress and probable eta and having thoroughly enjoyed my nocturnal drive made it to Hungerford to meet up with Amormusic at 10 20 pm. (He had come partway from Bristol). (Pete has high hopes for the Leak and his NVA passive - maybe they will get a showing at one of Lurch's bake offs..?)

Saturday had gone well and the decision to leave early doors (3 00 a.m.) was the right one as I made Sheffield from Chichester in 4.5 hours. I picked up some speakers and met lovely couple who were selling. They are for Jag and I will deliver midweek (Littlehampron, or, rather, Rustington).
I had to get to Manchester and took the A616/A57 route from J35a M1 through some breathtaking scenery.
(A good way of getting to Manchester avoiding the dreaded M6.)

Got the black Acoustand plinth for the late Joolz's SP10. The plan is to fit the Micro Seiki I have agreed to buy from a Wam buddy to that and try the combo with my Art 9 and see what it can do. I'll tout that around a bit to establish a reputation (hopefully) to get the widow, Cathy, a decent price for it (minus my cart!).

Got to my daughters for midday, near as dammit.

Good one (drove well).

Jack

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Terrific Wamming there Jack, you provide a valuable service that I am sure is much appreciated by all.

Reactions: khapahk

tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I’m sorry you had an issue finding me Jack, I’ve not ever known anyone have a problem as the village is nearly 300 years old😂😂😂

Got there in the end, and very appreciative 👍👍👍

• Haha
Reactions: TheFlash

nak

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2011
Mansfield-ish
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Glad to hear you got home safely Jack. I was looking forward to meeting the legend but safety comes first.

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sunday's trip:

Tackleberry's village was not easy to find w/o satnav, as its not marked on my road atlas!
That was the first collection and meeting Chris (non wammer) to collect 3 items and drop off my Nakamichi for repair was the next job.
Selby was logically the next port of call (khapahk's Sugden), where the deskman (a bit of a mechanic), having looked at my front end to investigate an issue, diagnosed front brake pad wear. Ooer!
So i had to drive carefully the rest of the journey and cut out the luxury of the Mansfield gig which was to hear nak's speakers - shame.

Prima Lunas from Christray was next (Loughborough), and then on to Leighton Buzzard to drop off Richard 111's Sugden to K. This will be a doddle I thought as I had been there b4 to drop off some Proacs (which came from Richard in Selby too),

Not so! It seems that it had been decided to instigate a lane closure on the M1 at J16 by dropping all the necessary cones and both carriageways were brought to a standstill late afternoon. This cost me an hour.

So the rest of the journey was conducted in twilight then darkness and I was behind schedule.

This was the best bit though as there was no traffic on the road and I knew the route from Aylesbury as I used to work there many moons ago.

Amormusic (and Khapack) were kept informed on the mobe as to my lack of progress and probable eta and having thoroughly enjoyed my nocturnal drive made it to Hungerford to meet up with Amormusic at 10 20 pm. (He had come partway from Bristol). (Pete has high hopes for the Leak and his NVA passive - maybe they will get a showing at one of Lurch's bake offs..?)

Saturday had gone well and the decision to leave early doors (3 00 a.m.) was the right one as I made Sheffield from Chichester in 4.5 hours. I picked up some speakers and met lovely couple who were selling. They are for Jag and I will deliver midweek (Littlehampron, or, rather, Rustington).
I had to get to Manchester and took the A616/A57 route from J35a M1 through some breathtaking scenery.

Got the black Acoustand plinth for the late Joolz's SP10. The plan is to fit the Micro Seiki I have agreed to buy from a Wam buddy to that and try the combo with my Art 9 and see what it can do. I'll tout that around a bit to establish a reputation (hopefully) to get the widow, Cathy, a decent price for it (minus my cart!).

Good one (drove well).

Jack
Absolutely amazing…

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sunday's trip:

Good one (drove well).

Jack
Super appreciated Jack.

Re the Leak Stereo 20 / NVA P50SA MKII combo. Wow! Is all I can say. It looks utterly superb and sounds it too.

I certainly will have to bring it along to a B/O.

I'll see if I can make John's next one.

Attachments

• IMG_20220919_132217.jpg
    IMG_20220919_132217.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220919_132223.jpg
    IMG_20220919_132223.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220919_133053.jpg
    IMG_20220919_133053.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220919_133100.jpg
    IMG_20220919_133100.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Jag

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Apr 29, 2010
Rustington
AKA
Jag
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Jack just delivered the Tandberg Studio Monitors earlier today, very helpful and really appreciate what he does on the WAM.

Last edited:

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Super appreciated Jack.

Re the Leak Stereo 20 / NVA P50SA MKII combo. Wow! Is all I can say. It looks utterly superb and sounds it too.

I certainly will have to bring it along to a B/O.

I'll see if I can make John's next one.
Next one is mid November Pete.
That leak should play nicely with the 104ab as don't think they need much up-em? A 401 on the other end and we're laughing.

Reactions: Amormusic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.