Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yeah using the built in Dac as you propose does indeed make perfect sense Bouba. :^ One further thought as the Streamagic still has digital inputs to spare is that you could also plumb your digital i-pod dock into this too, & this could be used to play guests/families i-pods/phones etc which could be great for entertaining & checking other folks tunes out. :cool:

Wegaaaaaaaards. Chris. :D

Great explanation and good sense: yes I'd prefer go for a one box solution Chris, 'cause space is already limited here My AV rack is already 3/4 full of kits and the monoblocks I have are quite bulky. Moreover, think it would made more sense to use the magic 6 also as a DAC and not only as streamer, connecting my current CDP to it and use the CA excellent Wolfson instead ? Could you confirm that makes sense Chris ?

Bouba

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 20, 2012
Grenoble, France
AKA
Bouba
Hey Chris, hope u're doin' well...

So yes, it'd definitely be the Magic 6, as you mentioned the spare input would be really useful for the Ipod connection.

Though, I get surprised a little bit when I was told that this thing will play music stored onto an ordinary HDD (not a NAS then) with no codec or any interface needed. Just plug 'n' play. If yes, then I'm set. But I guess that supposed the music library is correctly tagged (which is the case for my files) and directly put onto the files-root of the hard drive disk ?

One further thought as the Streamagic still has digital inputs to spare is that you could also plumb your digital i-pod dock into this too, & this could be used to play guests/families i-pods/phones etc which could be great for entertaining & checking other folks tunes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.