Linn Owners

350 Exakt Organik Upgrade

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hmm... I find it very hard to believe that the bass drivers could not be repaired. Servo bass is a widely used technology. The Komri bass driver is obviously a quality unit but nothing makes me believe it couldn't be repaired. Much easier to do than fixing an array ?? I could of course be wrong ??!!
I suspect the point is, that they are “not repairable by Linn”.

’troll

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yes, 10 Litres more.
Well I for one am glad to hear rumours that the new speaker will be bigger than 350s. The design will have to be extraordinarily elegant for them not to be ruled out on grounds of sheer size (350s were aesthetically unacceptable in our living room). So I won't need to re-mortgage to purchase. :)

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And does development of the new integrated Organik 360 imply replacement of Akubarik with a similar (non-3k array) design? In which case will it be worth upgrading Akubariks to Organik, even if this is possible?

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And does development of the new integrated Organik 360 imply replacement of Akubarik with a similar (non-3k array) design? In which case will it be worth upgrading Akubariks to Organik, even if this is possible?
I would expect a replacement of the Akubarik with a Selekt range speaker featuring Organik. But that is speculation on my part. So we may have the choices of upgrading Akubariks, trading in for the new Selekt speaker, or going all out and trading in for the new Klimax 360s. I think upgrading Akubariks to Organik would be the least expensive option. But I also expect it to be the smallest of the three upgrades.

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
B&W Nautilus series had like 4 or 5 versions since their introduction, back then at the time Komris appeared, then the 350, then all the range of new Linn speakers.

Linn is of course not a speakers only company, and there is also some marketing reasons to produce a « said completely new » speaker every 3 or 4 years.

But still, even if they were very good, the tweeters, medium and bass drivers of the Linn speakers are 20 years old.

So the next 20 years will have soon a new and unique choice of technology for Linn range of speakers.

As we are talking about Linn – and upgrade logic – the response could be:
– only the change of 2K, 3K and why not 4K, bass drivers and internal amps on all existing range of speakers (the box remains),
– or complete new range of speakers.

If Linn could introduce upgrade possibilities in the future of their speakers – not only the DAC – it could bring possible improvements also in the drivers and inside amps, and then be up to date more often than every 20 years… 😊

Mark B

Wammer
Feb 23, 2022
North East
www.kudosaudio.com
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
'
@DocC since no one has answered you…

I doubt anyone outside of Linn knows what will be at the Bristol show. You may wish to keep an eye on this thread too - https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/linn-at-axpona-2023.115289/page-2#post-2355868 where possible new products are being discussed.

This the first time we’ve heard a reference to “360” as a replacement; I suspect, at best, it’s a working title Or a dealer’s assumption. I think that all we “know” currently, is that any new Klimax speaker will be larger than the 350, won’t use the current 3K array and is, very, likely to be much more expensive than the current £58,700 of the outgoing 350.

’troll
Linn will be using a Selekt Edition DSM with Organik. Driving Kudos Titan 505's actively at the Bristol show this year.

Chris 1970

Love colors in music
Wammer Plus
Aug 16, 2021
France
AKA
Christophe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Linn will be using a Selekt Edition DSM with Organik. Driving Kudos Titan 505's actively at the Bristol show this year.

I can understand the Selekt Edition DSM Organik… that's a great product!

But stand-mount loudspeakers for a demo at a show???
Sure these speakers are very good, but where will be the complex bass part of the music and the sound stage depth?

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulssurround

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Sure these speakers are very good, but where will be the complex bass part of the music and the sound stage depth?

I only heard the Kudos Titan 505 once at @DB1328 and was very impressed. Depending on the size of the room in Bristol it could be a very nice presentation.

Mark B

Wammer
Feb 23, 2022
North East
www.kudosaudio.com
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes

The room Linn have chosen at Bristol is a small room. I’m sure the Titan 505 will sound fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.