3D Printed Uni-Pivot arm "Naim ARO inspired"

Stefan63

New Wammer
Jul 20, 2020
I would like to share my 3D printed Naim Aro inspired uni pivot tone arm.
This tone arm is very easy to build and parts will cost you less then a quick stop at the pub ;)

It's a fun project for owners of a 3D printer (or you might have friend that own one) and I want to share all print files with you.
Full project log can be found on my personal website  https://www.stockholmviews.com/wp/3d-printable-tonearm/
Again I hope it is OK to link this way I must try anyway (I asked admin when I first registered but received no answer).
ARO-HEAD-SHELL.jpg

3D-Printed_Tonearm2.jpg

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello Stefan welcome to the Wam . I think your thread is not only acceptable but very interesting as well . I have never used or for that matter seen a 3 D printer but I have to admit I am fascinated at what sort of level of quality item they could produce. This is a very good example and as your files are offered free then they enable others interested to get started at least on making a tonearm for not much money . Out of interest what does your final arm sound like ? What sort of cartridges is it best suited too ?

Reactions: Stefan63

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's a great project Stefan. How does it sound?

• Upvote
Reactions: rabski

Stefan63

New Wammer
Jul 20, 2020
That's a great project Stefan. How does it sound?
Not sure yet but it will work, right now I have far to many projects but hopefully I will catch up during the winter.
The plan is to also build a partly 3D printed turntable :)
The tone arm will be tested with different arm tube materials like the carbon fibre tube I have on my desk right now,
I will also try a bow arrow shaft like used in the original Aro and maybe different kinds off wood. 
Also the counterweight might be changed had an idea about lead filled copper/brass or aluminum tube.
Magnetic anti skate compensation is also part of the plan ;)
Keep an eye on my website I might forget to post updates here  :geek:

/Stefan

Yorkshireman

Wammer
May 7, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It should work great, VPI print their current range of tonearms, including the armtube i believe.

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Stefan63

New Wammer
Jul 20, 2020
It should work great, VPI print their current range of tonearms, including the armtube i believe.
Yes I have noticed that, 3D printing also give possibility to try different materials and internal structure.
I have a roll of carbon fibre filled filament that I will try, also it wold be possible to print a armtube headshell and pivot body in one piece.
And or a Arm tube with internal honeycomb structure. 

• Upvote

Yorkshireman

Wammer
May 7, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes I have noticed that, 3D printing also give possibility to try different materials and internal structure.
I have a roll of carbon fibre filled filament that I will try, also it wold be possible to print a armtube headshell and pivot body in one piece.
And or a Arm tube with internal honeycomb structure. 
I would love to hear how the project progresses please keep us up to date.

• Upvote

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.