4K shows, content, providers?

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi folks,

I’ve recently bought a large 4K set... It looks incredible. 

However, I’ve noticed there’s seems to be very small amounts of 4K content. My telly upscales but it’s not the same, I’m sure I’m missing a trick...

We currently have a basic Virgin package, which I can exit very soon, plus Netflix which I’ve upgraded to the 4K package... two questions please:

Netflix: what decent things are recommended to watch in hi-def! (I get lost looking as there’s soooo much to choose from!!)

General TV provider: is it worth upgrading my virgin, switching to Sky, or other - who offers greatest amount of 4K content?

thanks in advance. 

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Get a 4K Blu Ray player. :^
I agree.

Ours got updated before Christmas, with a new 4K TV, bluray player, Virgin box and AV receiver. There doesn't seem much 4K worth watching on any provider. Actually, there doesn't seem much worth watching full stop, but that's another matter. I changed Netflix to 4K, but most of the content seems similarly aimed squarely at people other than with my tastes (being polite). Still, there are a few half decent things.

I bought a Sony 4K bluray, which wasn't that costly by comparison and seems to give really good picture performance. I've set it all up as best I can and the AV receiver does the upscaling of everything else, which it seems to make a pretty good job of.

If I'm totally honest, I think the main reason for throwing a large pile of money at it was that I was getting fed up with constantly having to reprogram our 'all-in-one' to try and control an increasing pile of boxes. Plus, I wanted a bigger screen, so 4K made sense.

I have to confess that I can't remember the last time I turned it all on. My TV watching is mostly on the small TV in the kitchen frankly.

Blacksabbath25

blacksabbath25
Wammer
Aug 6, 2018
ely cambridgeshire
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree.

Ours got updated before Christmas, with a new 4K TV, bluray player, Virgin box and AV receiver. There doesn't seem much 4K worth watching on any provider. Actually, there doesn't seem much worth watching full stop, but that's another matter. I changed Netflix to 4K, but most of the content seems similarly aimed squarely at people other than with my tastes (being polite). Still, there are a few half decent things.

I bought a Sony 4K bluray, which wasn't that costly by comparison and seems to give really good picture performance. I've set it all up as best I can and the AV receiver does the upscaling of everything else, which it seems to make a pretty good job of.

If I'm totally honest, I think the main reason for throwing a large pile of money at it was that I was getting fed up with constantly having to reprogram our 'all-in-one' to try and control an increasing pile of boxes. Plus, I wanted a bigger screen, so 4K made sense.

I have to confess that I can't remember the last time I turned it all on. My TV watching is mostly on the small TV in the kitchen frankly.
You should let your Tv do the upscaling and People like sky , virgin , netflix is most properly upscaled there end anyway so if you really want to watch 4k content then buy the 4k films and watch them on your player but i wouldn't pay extra for a service just to watch 4k content and there is nothing worth watching on sky , virgin anyway  i have netflix but struggle to be honest to find something to watch on there that interests me or i've seen it before as i feel netflix and amazon prime lack content for the money your paying .

• Upvote
Reactions: TigerTiger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online