Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Croft 25R, Quad CDP2, Project Classic, Primaluna Prologue 5 and Harbeth P3ESR (ok, and Falcon Q7).
That is me done, perfection. Had vintage Quads, Leaks, Radfords but this PL is a gem. I'd never say anything is 'better', but this hits my final spot 😊.
The newer gear is a bit pricier, but this thing is a nuts good price.

Ceko

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
Zuid Holland, NL
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cool that you feel this way! What was your last piece?
And did you feel it’s perfection right away? And more importantly, how do you know the feeling will stay?

Reactions: Ian

tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Croft 25R, Quad CDP2, Project Classic, Primaluna Prologue 5 and Harbeth P3ESR (ok, and Falcon Q7).
That is me done, perfection. Had vintage Quads, Leaks, Radfords but this PL is a gem. I'd never say anything is 'better', but this hits my final spot 😊.
Don’t believe you 😊

Reactions: Bazzer and Ian

m7rso

Hath Wammed
Wammer Plus
Aug 14, 2009
LIVERPOOL, U K.
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I get to that position, for a few weeks and then continue buying. What i have realised recently is that i need more gear. But i need to make space first, or will i just squeeze something inbetween those speakers….

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well done Ian, it's a great feeling isn't it, knowing you no longer need to put money aside to feed the habit (barring music purchases). Admittedly for me it felt weird at first not buying/looking out for something new, but I now find it quite liberating knowing the only purchases I'll need to make are for consumables (valves or a cartridge), other than that I'm done buying kit.

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ian, I'm so pleased for you, it's so good to hear someone say that they have reached their nirvana, audio-wise. Now crack open a bottle (or can) of your favourite tipple, dig out those favourite albums, sit back and chill!

Idlewithnodrive

You should hear our version of Louie Louie
Wammer Plus
May 7, 2018
Virtually, everywhere
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yeah right. Bluff !

Just sayin 😀

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Good for you Ian, that looks a very balanced system and would most probably cost 2 - 3 times more to significantly improve upon, sit back and enjoy your music.

Reactions: Ian and bigrod

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cool that you feel this way! What was your last piece?
And did you feel it’s perfection right away? And more importantly, how do you know the feeling will stay?
The PL5 was the last box, and within a couple of hours I knew something was hitting the spot. As for your last question.............ask me again in a year 😉

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well done Ian. Having heard your system at your place I can't totally understand why you would feel that. There is no reason why it wouldn't be an end system for the many people.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles