Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Do NOT buy a SMSL DAC. I bought one a while back to tie be over until my tube DAC was being repaired and it was nasty. I ended up just not listening to any music for a few weeks.
[/QUOTE}

@JANDL100 on here recently purchased an SMSL and thinks it's the bees knees as does someone else who recently purchased one.

bobovox

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 21, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A used Arcam rPlay might be one solution - it uses the play-fi interface which I think can receive Amazon Music HD. You might even be able to power it off the back of your A19, saving some clutter.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s a positive review. Makes me want to get one and try.
Yes review is positive but might be different from your Arcam. May need careful matching.

There is another version of the WiiM Mini coming out later this year, Pro version which has some features that you may want.

Jubal

Wammer
May 25, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes review is positive but might be different from your Arcam. May need careful matching.

There is another version of the WiiM Mini coming out later this year, Pro version which has some features that you may want.
Thanks, I’m not sure I can do anything other than suck it and see when buying secondhand. I have also now googled the Pro and it does seem like it’d be a good option.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks, I’m not sure I can do anything other than suck it and see when buying secondhand. I have also now googled the Pro and it does seem like it’d be a good option.
Probably the best way to go, if you can buy one at a good price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.