An interesting view of hi fi

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
******** have always had a very straight forward engineering view of their products, and insisted that all amplifiers sounded the same when used within their capabilities, and that speaker cable had no sound at all, unless ludicrously long and thin wire is used.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

Nawty

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 18, 2007
Hampshire
AKA
Ned
I would say that statement is absolutely spot on.

Look up the Richard Clark amplifier challenge.

Nawty

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 18, 2007
Hampshire
AKA
Ned
You misunderstand the point the test is trying to make and if you look at the statement in the first post there is a caveat, which nicely covers the point in the RC test.

However, pretty much no one uses their amplifiers within these parameters but at low levels (i.e. within the "operating parameters" you will not be able to tell the difference (blind tested of course)

To be perfectly honest, at low volumes I can't tell the difference between the Krell, my NAD C370 and Arcam Delta 60. It is only when played at normal listening levels do the differences become apparant.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ah I geddit...you mean amps are designed to play so quietly that you can barely hear them. Has anyone mentioned this to MF?
smile.png

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Nawty wrote:

To be perfectly honest, at low volumes I can't tell the difference between the Krell, my NAD C370 and Arcam Delta 60. It is only when played at normal listening levels do the differences become apparant.
I would argue with that statement until the cow come home (she is visiting her grand ma down south!)

The only reason I spend lots of money on Hifi system is so when my children and lovely wife gone to bed I can still enjoy Hi quality sound at low volume. and if you can't tell the different between your Arcam delta and the krell at low volume may I suggest that you need to be buying a proper hifi speakers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.