Fervent Box-swapper & Tinkerer
Wammer Plus
Feb 24, 2016
Manchester
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone bought from this supplier before?

I bought and paid for a replacement stylus on Monday and have heard nothing since. 

A quick google search and it seems there are quite a few disgruntled customers!? 😳

myles

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2008
Plymouth
AKA
Myles
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If he's got it, you'll get it. If he hasn't but is still showing it 'in stock' you might have some fun....

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
From the forum threads I have seen, if the goods don't turn up just go straight to your credit card company for a refund. There's no point in chasing the guy. 

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mixed bag for me... has been terrible in the past but the last three of transactions (back end of last year) swiftly arrived and were very keenly priced too  :)  

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have also seen similar queries in various forums over the years.  I concluded he’s not very focussed on keeping customers updated, but he doesn’t actually seem to fiddle anyone out of their goods.  Patience may be necessary, but it’s a shame as he’s keenly priced. 

Reactions: uzzy

Down in Devon

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 22, 2013
Now Up Norf
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
As per Myles, if he has it in stock you will get it, if not you will wait....and wait....and wait....

You may be able to hassle to get a refund but I bet a lot just give up...

• Upvote
Reactions: greybeard

culturecrammer

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 14, 2010
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use him occasionally for hard to find records. Never had a problem. It is a stretched one man business with lots of return customers and communication is a weak point. You can log in to your account and check the status of your order but It it is rudimentary. He doesn’t send notifications when the order is dispatched.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondie

Lackey
Wammer
Jul 26, 2008
Llandudno (ex Oz)
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Crap website and poor comms as already mentioned. I ordered a small quantity of LP sleeves to try and he emailed to say it wasnt worth his toruble to ship them. Won't bother again. being too busy is no excuse.

robbie010

Fervent Box-swapper & Tinkerer
Wammer Plus
Feb 24, 2016
Manchester
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks all. 

I’ve now had confirmation of shipping so hopefully all will be well. 

• Upvote
Reactions: myles

MarginWalker

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 31, 2015
Surrey
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I got a phono stage off him for better than RRP and it arrived quickly.  I am aware some other people have had issues with him though

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ordered a basis signature dust cover 2 weeks ago ...not heard from them as yet

kindest regards Julian 

Kmap

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2014
Barnsley
AKA
Kieran
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I ordered a few bits and bobs from him a while back, the order came to around £20. I don't know if it is still the same, but the order and payment process was very strange and involved ordering, then waiting for an email with a link to an online payment page. I was very close to not putting my card details in, as it seemed very unsecure.

I never got the order, chased a few times, never got a reply and then threatend small claims. At this point I did get a reply from Scott saying that the order had been sent. I asked for proof of delivery but was told Royal Mail only keep records for 4 months (or words to that effect).

I then realised that for £20, I should move on and put it down to experience.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I ordered a few bits and bobs from him a while back, the order came to around £20. I don't know if it is still the same, but the order and payment process was very strange and involved ordering, then waiting for an email with a link to an online payment page. I was very close to not putting my card details in, as it seemed very unsecure.

I never got the order, chased a few times, never got a reply and then threatend small claims. At this point I did get a reply from Scott saying that the order had been sent. I asked for proof of delivery but was told Royal Mail only keep records for 4 months (or words to that effect).

I then realised that for £20, I should move on and put it down to experience.
If you paid by credit card you should claim from them , as goods were never received.

I have read loads of bad reports about him so I have never placed any orders but if I did I would pay by credit card and then if not received within a decent amount of time then cancel the payment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kmap

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 28, 2014
Barnsley
AKA
Kieran
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi @StingRay,

Thanks for the advice, I paid by debit card, unfortunately, so I don't think I am covered. Luckily it was only a small amount.

I do find it quite hard to believe that SN is still in business, to be honest.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi @StingRay,

Thanks for the advice, I paid by debit card, unfortunately, so I don't think I am covered. Luckily it was only a small amount.

I do find it quite hard to believe that SN is still in business, to be honest.
You may still be covered, I would check.

He probably has been quite busy with lockdown as more people are ordering online. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online