Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK.
AKA
Russell
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Getting a bit cheesed off with Roon since the 1.8 update.
From time to time it won’t find certain Audio Zones so I have to restart the core which is a PITA as I run it headless.
The zones are showing in settings as enabled but you can’t select them to play to as not showing there. Even disabling them and then enabling them again doesn’t resolve the issue.
It’s not specific zones that are the issue either, it’s random. One day it will be the core that it can’t find, other days it’s an endpoint I use wirelessly so it’s as if it’s an issue with an endpoint, it’s definitely with Roon.
Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix?

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve seen a few little niggles since the update but not at the levels you’re experiencing. The best bet is to go to their forum and put it on the support pages. Tag in @support for a more rapid response. Essentially once they are notified of your issue they can activate logs and look at the system under the skin. They should then be able to identify and fix the problem. The reality for me though is I had unconditional stability prior to 1.8 and my core would run for weeks and months between reboots (7th and 5th gen NUC’s). Now ROCK (which hasn’t changed) runs OK but I have to restart the server software occasionally. 
I found my old Meridian Explorer 2 and plugged it in yesterday but can’t get it to show up. However the cable may be the wrong one!

Weeman1973

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK.
AKA
Russell
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks, I’ve just looked on the Roon Community and apparently it’s a common, well known issue and they’re working on a fix....

Tristan

Lurker Extraordinaire
Wammer
Mar 17, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Slartibartfast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had it happen once on Friday. Just rebooted the core and all was sorted. Screen sharing is really handy when running a headless core ;-)  

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online