In praise of International Co-operation

livingid

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 5, 2011
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am afraid I don't often post but have just had an epiphany whilst equipment wrangling with my lockdown work laptop and Spotify - it keeps me sane or at least mostly sane.

I have previously been about single manufacturer Brit-fi (Rega) dating from early Planar3 days.

I have dabbled with a  nice Chinese all purpose DAC/ HeadAmp Aune X1  gen3 which is becoming inheritance kit to my nephew (to join my Rega3+CyrusTwo)

Enough pre-amble here is my International chain from new and dusty parts:

USA(ish):(Dutch)Chinese x2: \ German

: British : Danish (apologies for ascii flowch-art)

It is an Apple Mac w\Spotify via USB into a Topping E30 with 1st gen SBooster 5v Power Supply into Topping L30 headAmp/pre amp - fork to Sennheiser HD600s or Naim Nap140 + Dali Zensor1

It is the speaker route I want to highlight: extraordinary with a jaw dropping 3D Soundstage. My NAP140 has never done such things with the NAC42+Linn Saras (flat as the proverbial Shrove Tuesday pancake).

I could further proselytise. But will stop TL:DR. Anyone else with tales of multi-national

hifi revelations?

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Strider

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
French based Raspberry Pi streamer/Dac, Swedish amplifier, British speakers. :)

twinpot

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 15, 2016
Most music is streamed through a Raspberry Pi with Dutch software from a Swedish streaming service plugged into the USB DAC on an English amp in pre-amp configuration (Quad Vena) feeding a French power amp (Micromega PW400) which powers a pair of Canadian floor standing speakers (Mirage) emitting into a New Zealand house 😄

livingid

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 5, 2011
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I suppose I eventually became wedded to Rega kit after my Rega Planar 3 kept going like a Duracell bunny then post-itinerant lifestyle, and after numerous auditions,  I believed there was some kind of intra-make synergy going on - and I went all-in.

I was minded to post for a few reasons - one has been a couple of good experiences of what is sometimes referred to as 'ChiFi' and the Topping E30/L30 is the best for me so far.
Another, is that accidently, with no auditions, I  stumbled on this chain of international kit that I really love for the kind of music I am listening to when I do lockdown work. At my computer, at low volumes and in a nearfield setting. 
Also it was an old Naim 140 Power Amp that was the final (unexpected to me)  link in the chain. This has got me listening via the Dali speakers: previously I was always listening via headphones as I worked. This cobbled together system has been an unexpected revelation to me - with an accidental inter-make synergy. Hence the post, to see if others had discovered similar. Some replies have already got me googling - though I have much joy to discover with what I have found.
Thanks
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.