Audio Innovations P2 - tube rolling newbie

FunkyGibbon

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2005
Kent, United Kingd
AKA
Mark
I've finally got an Audio Innovations P2. I'm one week in and enjoying it immensely.

Now of course, I'm wondering about tube rolling and wondering exactly where I will get the best bang per buck, rolling the valves in the signal path? The valve layout in my P2 is:

E3l3IgG.png

My inclination is the v3 the ECC83 followed by the v4 ECC82 and then v1 & v2. Is this correct? If not what would you suggest?

Please suggest some reasonably priced options and possible reliable sources.

Last edited:

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think you've got basically the right approach FunkyG, but am not certain V4 will take precedence over V1 and 2, it depends on how it's used in the circuit. So many options, I'd start with the ECC83. What is in there already, are they in good order, and what are you hoping to improve? A box plate Mullard or a Telefunken ladder plate '83 would be gold standard, as they should be at the prices asked. JJ E83CC gold pin, or ECC803S are well regarded and affordable new production, and for little extra they come matched and selected from HotRox amongst others. JJ ECC82 gold pin are also well regarded. You could do a lot worse than order a pair of the '82s, and one of each '83 type, and do some swaps to see what you think, before diving into the more serious money pit (fun though it is).

Reactions: Fullrange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.