Wammer
Wammer
Oct 8, 2010
Northumberland
AKA
Davey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking to buy a bluetooth speaker to use with tablet and mobile.

Approx £200 ish.

Any advice would be appreciated.

gingembre

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 9, 2008
Dorset, United Kingd
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just bought a john lewis one for £20 works great for the radio with the ipad.

am sure more expensive ones sound better but don't expect it to sound like your hifi, a lot I looked at seemed to be style over substance hence the large price tag.

ray70

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
I have a JBL Charge. I think they are around £100. I'm very happy with it.

Dhammavijaya

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
Oct 15, 2005
West Sussex
AKA
Dhammavijaya
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a Bose soundlink mini, and am impressed by its musicality. I got it for £130 (usually £170). Very portable.

banjoman

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 5, 2012
SW London
AKA
Deba
The Bose soundlinks are very good. Also consider the Jambox big speaker (not the mini) - pretty good sound from a small package

Turn it up!

Wam Bam
Wammer Plus
Nov 27, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just got the Bose sound link mini. Never really been a fan of Bose either sound or looks ( beige plastic anyone?) but I was pretty blown away by the sound and build of this little speaker. Tested all the market leaders in this area and for size and sound this was the best for me. Does not compare with my main system but as a quick listen set up especially for spotify and radio it's perfect. No sync problems and tons of bass. The only other one I think worth a look is the cambridge audio but it's bigger and less portable. Also looked at the ruark Bluetooth speaker set. Big fan of the work they've done with dab radio and like the sound but not really portable and closer to £300 in price.

cheers

meridian man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2009
Dublin, Ireland.
AKA
Robert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can you feed music from a NAS to an ipad and play via Bluetooth to the bose?

I know the first part can be done, I use media connect.

Turn it up!

Wam Bam
Wammer Plus
Nov 27, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can you feed music from a NAS to an ipad and play via Bluetooth to the bose?I know the first part can be done, I use media connect.
I think so. Anything I send from the ipad ( i radio app, spotify, iplayer, YouTube app, netflix app, iTunes, anything that is playing from the ipad ) plays via Bluetooth to the Bose so I don't see why not. I use either my phone or ipad and no problems with either.

I tested one in a currys as they have them all on display and used my phone. Sounds better at home as it's a smaller space but you get the idea. Placement adds a bit as it has a rear firing speaker as well as front and if placed near a wall really adds to more depth and bass.

Cheers

craigmclellan

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 17, 2011
Boston, Lincolnshire
AKA
Craig
I like the look of the Bose soundlink. I love the sound of the Bose Wave CD/Radio for when we go on holiday, but Bluetooth would be handy. I could always buy a bluetooth gateway and plug it into the aux inputs on it, I guess...

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking to buy a bluetooth speaker to use with tablet and mobile.Approx £200 ish.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Is this to use outside of the home ?

Only reason I ask is if it's for ease of use at home then one of THESE might be another option. Analogue output straight into your amp.

jevy47

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 8, 2010
Northumberland
AKA
Davey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looked at a few reviews and shortlisted Bose Soundlink Mini , Minx Go , Samsung DA-F60 and Loewe Speaker 2go.

Decided to go for the Loewe.

It`s a Christmas prezzie for the wife. It will be used in house , garden and summerhouse.

I`ll let you know what I think of it.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.