Wammer
Wammer
Jul 14, 2009
Southern Scotland
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's a Bryston 4B-ST listed on eBay finishing in a couple of hours, (8.30 pm this evening). It's sitting at the moment at £565 - a bit of a bargain it might seem. However it is almost certainly not what it seems.

From the photos it's clear that the case is the size of a 3B-ST. The 4B-ST case should be a good bit deeper.

It's likely this is a 3B-ST which has at some point had the front and rear panels replaced. (The label on the back panel actually says 3B-ST.)

I've emailed the seller who hasn't taken the auction down. I've also emailed PMC who confirmed that the 4B-ST was never made in the smaller case.

Any wammers bidding should make up their own mind, obviously; a 3B-ST is a very good amp (I have two) but it tends to sell for less than a 4B-ST.

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bryston-4BST-Stereo-Power-Amplifier-audiophile-studio-amplifier-for-ns10s-etc-/261299582464?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item3cd6ab3600

Ian

irb

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 14, 2009
Southern Scotland
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well it sold for £870. Cheap if it were a 4B-ST but a bit pricey for a 3B-ST with a dodgy history. I reported this (twice) to eBay a couple of days ago but they did nothing. They'll make their £75 cut (or whatever it is) from the sale, I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online