Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Toootarsely scrummy!! :22: :22: :22: :love: :love:

%24%28KGrHqRHJCoFJC+3FC%217BSVv3%21ovIQ~~60_57.JPG
A real beast + a looker to boot!

Is this full class A or heavily biased into class A? Even if I could afford what this will likely go for, which I can't due to sequence of other purchasing plans. :roll: I couldn't accommodate summat this size until I upgrade the TV to a more current narrow bezel model, due to the additional height clearance requirements. As it is I don't plan on getting the nooo TV until next year as I currently have some whacky plans fer a few more ADAM active monitors + a new rear channel power amp. :geek: :geek:

Lol I've just checked t' depth requirements & the large solid oak foot well desk that I use to accommodate my power amp + phono stage wouldn't cut it fer this. :nup: There's just a little wiggle room with my current amp which is 47cm in depth including banana plugs. At least now I know. It's great when a piece of kit, even if not financially in reach at the time, makes you get the tape measure out. :oops: :D

John (big)

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 3, 2012
West London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Several years ago a friend had a warehouse on the Cranborne Ind. Estate Potters Bar 25 yards from Alchemist, I had to go in to ask if ok to park in one of their bays, I saw & heard one of these playing, effortless power, detailed highs & very lows, do not know what speakers were being used, from a glimpse high end floorstanders.

John

SMEagol

Middle Earthed
Wammer Plus
Aug 13, 2008
Lancashire
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Probably 2000, their production window was about ten years, and this will be from the last period. It's one I've never seen and I've had quite a bit of their stuff over the years. The paravicini forsetti, is more common, and a wonderful thing too.

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lovely looking bit of kit and I would imagine it sounds very nice too, given Tim DP was involved (not that I'm biased or anything :) ).

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Go on you know you want it. Get rid of that crappy valve stuff of yours. :D
I might let him have it. :D

Mind, the rarer alchemist stuff is fetching serious dough lately. There was a scratched up 21 TDP amp on not so long ago that went close to a grand. I expect there will be plenty queuing up for this minty one.

kneesup

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2013
Wiltshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I might let him have it. :D Mind, the rarer alchemist stuff is fetching serious dough lately. There was a scratched up 21 TDP amp on not so long ago that went close to a grand. I expect there will be plenty queuing up for this minty one.
Are you referring to that 21A SS Forseti Power Amp that was up for grabs 6 months or so ago, Rick? It was a bit bashed, as you say, and it sold for £881. But then re-appeared about 3 weeks later, the buyer claiming that he couldn't afford to ship it (!). Then it was re-listed but ran out of time. Then it was re-listed as a No Reserve auction and made it to £408... On a Friday afternoon. I was on the train and couldn't get my mobile to connect properly... But then it appeared again, a couple of weeks later... for the 4th time, at a Buy It Now of £750. It ran out of time.... again. And then it appeared again at a lower Buy It Now. It went for about £650 in the end, I think. When a super standard Forseti (boxed, one owner) made £510 a couple of weeks prior. Mint and boxed it might have been worth £800+, but there was something rather odd about that SS...

As for 'The Alchemist'. Fab thing. It has a 900mV sensitivity and an Input impedance of 270kOhms! Compare that to the Forseti Power amp: 170mV and 8kOhms! Am not entirely sure what that means for matching... Am researching.

kneesup

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2013
Wiltshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The other thing to remember about the Forseti SS 'Tim de P' amp was that it was rated at 100W RMS, whereas the standard non-SS version was rated at 150W, and had a 4 Ohm facility. I asked Tim de P about it, as I was after the SS but was concerned about the lower power level and running it into 4ohm loads, as I was after more headroom. Apparently he lowered the power to improve reliability and make the amp more stable.

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As I thought, it went a few hundred quid over my thought out max budget. Nice as it is, reality must be maintained here on planet Earth.

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
As I thought, it went a few hundred quid over my thought out max budget. Nice as it is, reality must be maintained here on planet Earth.
:zzzz:

You're getting to be a real bore, do you know that Rick :p

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
:zzzz: You're getting to be a real bore, do you know that Rick :p
Yeah, tell me about it. I bid £1380 on it, then thought, whoa! Do I need this? What will become of my over stocked amp collection? And did something very rare for me. I backed off. :cs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.