CD Versus Vinyl

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
is onion one of Rudy's aliases?
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

I'd say the polar opposite is true - 99% of all kit is very good, its how you put it all together that counts (and I'm not talking about interconnects and speaker cables
wink.png
)

G

onion wrote:

onion wrote:
batman wrote:
when you guys can show me a tt that got a remote and skip tracks and you dont have to get up to turn the twatting thing over i,ll get one ... btw ant still waiting for an answer on that jadis amp question:D
nakamichi made one "70's" we are talking about, also without a needle using laser pick up so did mitsubishi tha could play any track you chose vi remote on both sides, wher have you been ? it sounded shit.:dude:
i have been in this fucking trade since 1973, had two shops and managed most of the fuck8ing fat cats shops ., do not under stimate you opponent.
So what. This is a forum not some battle ground with opponents. Whats with the agressive swearing also.

G

Biscuit wrote:

I'd say the polar opposite is true - 99% of all kit is very good, its how you put it all together that counts (and I'm not talking about interconnects and speaker cables
wink.png
)
i think you'll find we've been around long enough bis to know the rubbish written about hifi. i was buying hifi before you were born.

you'll learn one day. i did about 5 years ago.

G

Duvet wrote:

onion wrote:
onion wrote:
batman wrote:
when you guys can show me a tt that got a remote and skip tracks and you dont have to get up to turn the twatting thing over i,ll get one ... btw ant still waiting for an answer on that jadis amp question:D
nakamichi made one "70's" we are talking about, also without a needle using laser pick up so did mitsubishi tha could play any track you chose vi remote on both sides, wher have you been ? it sounded shit.:dude:
i have been in this fucking trade since 1973, had two shops and managed most of the fuck8ing fat cats shops ., do not under stimate you opponent.
So what. This is a forum not some battle ground with opponents. Whats with the agressive swearing also.
andi i think he's a little too much of gran ma's cough medicine

G

rudolph hucker wrote:

onion wrote:
onion wrote:
batman wrote:
so onion do you think that 99% of hifi gear is way over rated?
rudolph, who am i to coment, for all my views are worth i will not want to tread on nobodys toes, perhaps we as an industry should stop being snobish and go back in time when hifi was a pleasure hobby and advice was like a friendly and confortable thing to do, no hype.just a pleasure experince.

G

rudolph hucker wrote:

Biscuit wrote:
wink.png
)
i think you'll find we've been around long enough bis to know the rubbish written about hifi. i was buying hifi before you were born.

Rudi i know you've been about but longevity is often overated and gives people a false sense of security. Just cos you've racked up the years doesn't automatically make you any wiser. No offence intended or meant by that either.Lots of people read these debates but what they are getting from two people at the moment is a diatribe thats coming across as a statement of fact which it is most definitely not.

G

i'm off to bed with the woman i love.(but don't tell the wife) nite nite every one.

G

Duvet wrote:

rudolph hucker wrote:
Biscuit wrote:
wink.png
)

Rudi i know you've been about but longevity is often overated and gives people a false sense of security. Just cos you've racked up the years doesn't automatically make you any wiser. No offence intended or meant by that either.Lots of people read these debates but what they are getting from two people at the moment is a diatribe thats coming across as a statement of fact which it is most definitely not.
just my opinion nite nite.

G

rudolph hucker wrote:

i'm off to bed with the woman i love.(but don't tell the wife) nite nite every one.
night i envy you, sorry guys for swaering, leo's temper,
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
Rudy, I respect your experiences, was just saying, IMO I havn't heard much truely bad modern hifi, let alone 99% being shite (in my more limited experience). I'll take the piss out of MF for being crap, but at the end of the day, its just a bit of a running gag, and it still sounds very good in the right system.

I truely believe you could take any component picked randomly out of a magazine and make a very accomplished system around it if you got the synergy right.

G

Biscuit wrote:

Rudy, I respect your experiences, was just saying, IMO I havn't heard much truely bad modern hifi, let alone 99% being shite (in my more limited experience). I'll take the piss out of MF for being crap, but at the end of the day, its just a bit of a running gag, and it still sounds very good in the right system. I truely believe you could take any component picked randomly out of a magazine and make a very accomplished system around it if you got the synergy right.
yes i know what you mean, but m.f. at least bothers to give people value for money although not in all it's range, but not every apple tree has 100 % pure apples, don' you agree?
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

G

Biscuit wrote:

of course there will always be gems in a manufacturer's range, but there generally really aren't many stinkers in there either
know what you mean, but llet's say that not very helpfullare the other ones, upstard attitude by some does not help the industry, but what the heck a good product regardless of it's parent if it's good i think it must be respected, i don't belive to judge an item by the tree that bears that fruit, nor shall i slander any bodys products because of the obnousios caracters that produce those products, shame all round after all we are the ones that count, and live with that we are happy with,

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ant wrote:

You may know me from such films as I love vinyl, and I can't find a cd player that doesn't hurt my ears.Well I've jsut been thinking about the other thread which said about £1k cdp beating a £1k TT (new prices)

So for a grand I would put together a Nottingham analogue horizon with a Music Maker III cart.

What would you put in the ring for CD or TT?

I want to see what I can listen to at dealers to settle this in my mind once and for all
smile.png
Having listened to a Michell Technodec/Michell modded RB250 (not the technoarm)/ortofon Rondo Red - which comes in around £1k - I haven't heard a cd player at the same price capable of bringing so much music to the game - in fact I've not heard many costing twice that amount be so musical.

I'm sure the NAS Horizon is of a similar quality to this.

Either cd replay is just wrong or I'm a digiphobe (I suspect it may be the later). I have heard good cd replay but not much under £2k.

Leonard Smalls

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Shropshire Borders,
Hawk wrote:

What are you all like
glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif
:nup:

Wax drums are the pinnacle of hifi reproduction
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif
:roll:
You may jest, but the original battle of 78 vs wax cylinder was similar to the VHS vs. Betamax fight of the '80s...

Wax cylinders had far more room for info, with a much smaller grain size than 78s and on sound quality should have won - It was mainly down to cost and storage.

Who knows what sort of sound quality wax cylinders would have if they'd had the same development as records!

G

Leonard Smalls wrote:

Hawk wrote:
What are you all like

Wax drums are the pinnacle of hifi reproduction
You may jest, but the original battle of 78 vs wax cylinder was similar to the VHS vs. Betamax fight of the '80s...

Wax cylinders had far more room for info, with a much smaller grain size than 78s and on sound quality should have won - It was mainly down to cost and storage.

Who knows what sort of sound quality wax cylinders would have if they'd had the same development as records!
i know , i was a linn dealer when i first heard the klimax, i prefer the climax, but never mind, how could they justifie the price was my first coment,never heard a rply. :dude:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.