Chord Chorus interconnects

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All the high-priced cables and i/cs are a rip-off IMO. They (try to) justify their inflated prices on reputation and reviews. Take two cables, one costs £50 and the other £500. Both get 5-star reviews 'at their price points' - which is better? Not necessarily the expensive one IME. As others have said though, you pays your money etc.

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Injector wrote:

All the high-priced cables and i/cs are a rip-off IMO. They (try to) justify their inflated prices on reputation and reviews. Take two cables, one costs £50 and the other £500. Both get 5-star reviews 'at their price points' - which is better? Not necessarily the expensive one IME. As others have said though, you pays your money etc.
Problem is Injector, you cant just take 2 cables like that and say they are both 5 star products,and expect them to be of a similar quality yes, they are both 5 stars, , but so many other things are taken into consideration, hence some really top end stuff only gets 4 stars, but is superior (in their words) to a lesser priced, but higher starred product

Thats why they do it in price categories.

Napoleon

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Cheshire, UK
Well, I will be picking up my Siltech Forbes Lake ICs today. They are scary money but the improvement that was brought about by them was astonishing, more scary than the price tag. In terms of 5 star products, well, I have never seen a review for any of my kit at all, the only way IMO is to listen.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
icehockeyboy wrote:

Injector wrote:
Problem is Injector, you cant just take 2 cables like that and say they are both 5 star products,and expect them to be of a similar quality yes, they are both 5 stars, , but so many other things are taken into consideration, hence some really top end stuff only gets 4 stars, but is superior (in their words) to a lesser priced, but higher starred product

What do you mean about "quality"? Are you refering to wooden bits attached to them etc that are just for looks?

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Miller-8 wrote:

icehockeyboy wrote:
Injector wrote:

What do you mean about "quality"? Are you refering to wooden bits attached to them etc that are just for looks?
No, i was just trying to get the point over that two ic's both with 5 stars can be different in quality

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
icehockeyboy wrote:

Injector wrote:

I appreciate that Craig, it wasn't what I meant. I'm just saying that I've had personal experience of cheaper 5-star cables performing better than expensive 5-star cables. Expense doens't necessarilymean better results. Basically the cable and I/C market is a minefield and you cannot go on price alone.

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very true, see my "shock finding" thread some time back about my £4 ics that were preferred over the Chord Siggy during a shop demo. Just to add,

If you look at my first reply somewhere above, i do say "in their words" implying that dearer isnt necessarilly better.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online