Chord MScaler bench test at ASR, what went wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't trust this guy. I have my reasons. Cause I asked a very specific question under the comment section of this video, pertaining to why not doing a listening test with the analogue output of the Chord Dave DAC, (XLR/RCA)and he referred me to the headphone listening test he did.
Well be believes that the line out will sound the same as any other DAC that tests properly so he listened with headphones as that adds another element and he found it wanting in that department.

Nativebon

MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well be believes that the line out will sound the same as any other DAC that tests properly so he listened with headphones as that adds another element and he found it wanting in that department.
'Well be believes' I think you mean he believes, but I don't... Cause so many products have very good analogue output but weak headphone amp sections. I'll please my self on this occasion.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
'Well be believes' I think you mean he believes, but I don't... Cause so many products have very good analogue output but weak headphone amp sections. I'll please my self on this occasion.
Sure, but you know he believes that so why would you ask him to do the listening test with the line out?

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Well it's supposed to be 240V 😉
That was in the good old days when the idea of an EU state was only a twinkle in a few peoples eyes. I still think of uk voltage as being 240V because that is mostly what it is and before voltages were able to self identify as being 230V. The fact that my voltage is often 253V but still self identifies as 230V is a side effect of the world we live in. Anyway, it all tastes the same if one licks it with a moist tongue so who am I to say what is right.

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Guys Amir has ripped the DAVE a new one here:

So why would you post a thread to a completely different discussion (ok, a different device but the same discussion, I’ll wager!) here?

Start a new thread about the DAVE, rather than burying it under a thread with M Scaler in the title. Then we can all pile in with fresh new thoughts on Chord products and/or the joy of ASR.

Or perhaps not.

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Guys Amir has ripped the DAVE a new one here:

I have never listened to one of his reviews and started with an open mind. He starts the review with a laughing talking style which really put me off. I listened up to the part where he said world class DAC and amps available for £400-500 and then realised that he doesn’t know what he is talking about.

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have never listened to one of his reviews and started with an open mind. He starts the review with a laughing talking style which really put me off. I listened up to the part where he said world class DAC and amps available for £400-500 and then realised that he doesn’t know what he is talking about.
Yeah, he adopts that chrortling style of presenation when he can hardly contain his excitement at being able to rubbish a product that he has already decided is snake oil or other some such. It is very off putting and gives the game away about his agendas that he is basically setting out to prove.

Reactions: Griff500

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He does. What he means by that is that they measure world class

Reactions: Shadders

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well technically there is as he's measured loads of products over the years.
He does not define what world class means. Also he said world class amplifier and not world class measurements. It’s not possible to buy a world class amp for £400.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He does not define what world class means. Also he said world class amplifier and not world class measurements. It’s not possible to buy a world class amp for £400.
He's perfectly entitled to define what world class means when it comes to his measurements. That's obviously what he means.

Reactions: Shadders

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He's perfectly entitled to define what world class means when it comes to his measurements. That's obviously what he means.
So it’s his subjective opinion but again he said world class amp and not world class measurements. There are plenty of people would would disagree with his statement and particularly consumers who buy far more expensive products. Maybe these consumers really don’t know what they are doing - this seems to your opinion.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So it’s his subjective opinion but again he said world class amp and not world class measurements. There are plenty of people would would disagree with his statement and particularly consumers who buy far more expensive products. Maybe these consumers really don’t know what they are doing - this seems to your opinion.
It's not really subjective - what else should he measure? The DAVE did not measure that impressively.

• Haha
Reactions: TheFlash

Shadders

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 11, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are plenty of people would would disagree with his statement and particularly consumers who buy far more expensive products. Maybe these consumers really don’t know what they are doing - this seems to your opinion.
Hi,
What you have said epitomises hifi, in that people believe that the more money they spend, then the better the equipment. There is a lot of pretentiousness and snobbishness in the hifi community, where underlying in a lot of discussion is bragging rights based on the equipment they own because it is expensive.

Why can't a DAC or amplifier be world class for £400 to £500 ?

Regards,
Shadders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.