Wammer
Jun 2, 2009
London, UK
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, this is a great remix album

If you liked this, you may enjoy Tippet’s Fantasia Concertante on a Theme by Corelli

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Try these @Blacksabbath25

- Rachmaninov piano concerto number 2, really exquisite melodies

- Camille saint Saens - Phillips best of two disc (carnival of animals), very modern sounding classical like ‘the aquarium’

- Chopin nocturnes especially number 9

- Mozart Amadeus film soundtrack ; some of the tracks are great. 

- Hannibal film score. 

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mozart, Haydn and Rossini are all good Composers to cut your teeth on.

You could also try Vivaldi's Four Seasons and Carmina Burana (Karl Orff).

Always Google for the best versions...as the Conductor, Artists involved and the quality of the recording, make a huge difference.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

The tuney album scores are good ones to go for to get the best classical as they have lots of well known tracks and melodies that are still relevant today. But pick some of the well known stuff they are great, for instance ‘the organ’ of saint Saens or le cygne (the swan), or Mozart stuff like ‘serenade for winds’, which has a beautiful melody. Or the concerto for flute and harp etc. 

Four seasons is a bit more complicated and maybe more involved, but the Anne Akiko Myers recording of it is very good.

But if you want to like some classical and get into it after watching a film, watch ‘Amadeus’. It’s a tremendous film with fabulous music in it. It will paint a picture of his life, musical emotions, the scene of composing and melody and classical instruments that make you ‘get’ classical. I can guarantee you will be playing the soundtrack then. 

I once visited his birthplace in Salzburg which is a museum of his instruments, possessions etc and was listening to his well known music on my iPod and I had to hold back the tears it was so damn emotional. I was choking up. 

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi BS. You might want to check out the choice below.

Paganini was a virtuoso Violinist and probably the best there has ever been. His concertos are so difficult to play, that none but the very best Violinists have the courage to commit them to a recording...let alone all six. This is something to dip in and out of...and enjoy the sheer fun and brilliance of it.

81frkjBI4eL._SL1412_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I’d recommend this. I’ve been really enjoying this album which is a kind of neo classical piano come electronic album. A really relaxing album. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online