Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All,

OK so we have 40 rooms taken, this is excellent news and we all very much thank you for your support - as finances are very tight this year (as we have explained previously).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gmC0G-6WQoLArljKOfQA12GDeJpvTXAp6qB8ZtZb2aY/edit#gid=0
Next step will be room allocation, the team plan to visit the hotel again and decide on optimal flow on floors 1 and 2. Likely to be very late May or early/mid June due to personal commitments of key team members.

After this the payment sheet will be launched (we are pricing PLI estimate up as last step). Roo is very busy on his daytime stuff but he would like to automate the payment system, more news later but please be patient.

Once the payments system is up advance visitor tickets will use an online system as well.

kind regards,
Paul

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All,

Many thanks to all of you for your patience. Most of the show team were at the hotel on Saturday for almost 3 hours reviewing rooms to be used; locating 40 systems is a tight fit due to floor 3 being unavailable.

Essentially floors 1 & 2 have most rooms off 2x wide L shaped corridors with 2 staircases on either 'leg'.
To say there is a wide variety of room shapes is an understatement! The hotel is around 175 years old but the rooms are generally decent (remember we are only using twin/doubles not singles or small doubles).

So size won't be an issue, odd shapes adds to the fun guys & gals! Show your expertise :)
Let me say it again THERE ARE NO LARGER ROOMS.

Most furniture is moveable and bathrooms generally large (good for storage). REMEMBER: we have avoided a hotel's requirement for a security deposit, so you MUST take pictures as you go in and we REQUIRE you to restore the rooms to good order as you leave. Mods will be active, walking the floors, checking and watching. We have worked hard to get the hotel on side and want this to be our new home for future shows. Please help us with this it is important.

When we visited on Saturday we actually got to see quite a few more rooms as the lovely housekeeping team were very active so we could go in. I have asked the hotel for pictures of some rooms that we couldn't go in.
One room had 3 empty bottles of vodka left in the room, see ideal for wammers!

NEXT STEP
We have decided that kit lists are needed sooner than later, sorry but we reserve the right to change our minds!
I will open up the kit sheet over the next couple of days, however, on 7th June I am leaving on a boys trip to Le Mans 24 Heures - I will be back around Tues/Wed 14th/15th June, no updates during this time.

kind regards,
Paul

PS as a small story; I once shared a single bedroom in the new wing at Scalford and @Audio Al and I managed to get 2 whole systems in there!! Al had Quads and I had 772 Freedoms :)
So I do understand what you guys want :)

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now some will not appreciate it but I doing it any way . Please read and digest the request that rooms are put back to add that were after the show . This is essential for the hotel to be happy that letting us do this is a good idea . If we get this right we may be able to use more rooms in the future . Most myself included as t this to not only be a great weekend but a base for future shows so we can get back to doing this every year . If you need help ask there is a lovely spirit among all at the show to make things easier and help those who need it . But please tidy up after and make more shows a possibility .

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now some will not appreciate it but I doing it any way . Please read and digest the request that rooms are put back to add that were after the show . This is essential for the hotel to be happy that letting us do this is a good idea . If we get this right we may be able to use more rooms in the future . Most myself included as t this to not only be a great weekend but a base for future shows so we can get back to doing this every year . If you need help ask there is a lovely spirit among all at the show to make things easier and help those who need it . But please tidy up after and make more shows a possibility .
+1👍

Reactions: Tony_J

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi guys,

I’m really sorry but I only found out today that the next Tonbridge Audiojumble is going to be on Sunday October 2nd as well, so I’m afraid I’ll have to drop out of exhibiting. :(

As per the last event that I couldn’t make but was cancelled, I don’t want any refund - stick my existing room payment behind the bar and buy as many exhibitors as it will cover a drink.

michaelf1000

Wammer
Dec 31, 2021
Tranent. SCOTLAND
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
All,

OK so we have 40 rooms taken, this is excellent news and we all very much thank you for your support - as finances are very tight this year (as we have explained previously).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gmC0G-6WQoLArljKOfQA12GDeJpvTXAp6qB8ZtZb2aY/edit#gid=0
Next step will be room allocation, the team plan to visit the hotel again and decide on optimal flow on floors 1 and 2. Likely to be very late May or early/mid June due to personal commitments of key team members.

After this the payment sheet will be launched (we are pricing PLI estimate up as last step). Roo is very busy on his daytime stuff but he would like to automate the payment system, more news later but please be patient.

Once the payments system is up advance visitor tickets will use an online system as well.

kind regards,
Paul

Hi Paul, over the last few months I have been seeking help from fellow wammers to build a new system, after my 20+ year system was disappeared. Through this process I have had lots of kind and helpful advice. As part of this I have purchased a pair of Buchardt S400's, which arrive tomorrow. I contacted Mads Buchardt about the general process and the difficulty in getting real world, believable access to his products.
In short, he has offered the loan of a pair of speakers to the HIFI WHIGWAM forum for the upcoming show to allow wider exposure to enthusiasts. Can I pass this over to the responsible person to take this forward.
I can provide my email address, contact no and purchase order no via pm to give validity to the initial contact with Mads.
I would love to go to the show, but my schedule later in the year is currently uncertain and it is a long drive from southern Scotland.
Hopefully this can give a little back to the wammers who have helped me.
All the best, Michael

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Paul, over the last few months I have been seeking help from fellow wammers to build a new system, after my 20+ year system was disappeared. Through this process I have had lots of kind and helpful advice. As part of this I have purchased a pair of Buchardt S400's, which arrive tomorrow. I contacted Mads Buchardt about the general process and the difficulty in getting real world, believable access to his products.
In short, he has offered the loan of a pair of speakers to the HIFI WHIGWAM forum for the upcoming show to allow wider exposure to enthusiasts. Can I pass this over to the responsible person to take this forward.
I can provide my email address, contact no and purchase order no via pm to give validity to the initial contact with Mads.
I would love to go to the show, but my schedule later in the year is currently uncertain and it is a long drive from southern Scotland.
Hopefully this can give a little back to the wammers who have helped me.
All the best, Michael
probably needs its own thread not the confirmed entries thread here, it is up to individual exhibitor not the team to decide if they want to take up your kind offer. Ask a mod for help if you are unsure.

kind regards,
Paul
PS I do hope that you make it to the show!

Last edited:

michaelf1000

Wammer
Dec 31, 2021
Tranent. SCOTLAND
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
probably needs it's own thread not the confirmed entries thread here, it is up to individual exhibitor mot the team to decide if they want to take up your kind offer. Ask a mod for help if you are unsure.

kind regards,
Paul
PS I do hope that you make it to the show!
OK Paul, thanks for the feedback. Who knows, maybe I will make it.

best regards,
Michael

Reactions: Maverick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online