Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2015
Sheffield
AKA
Ras
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Took a chance and bought cheap CS750 turntable, for parts. Seller’s description wasn’t very clear, anyway, when connected, the platter is just spinning at full speed (maybe even more then 78). No reaction to 33/45/78rpm switch. So I have dismantled it and cleaned the 3way switch and all connectors, no help.
Could anyone point out where the problem might be? Thank you

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had the same problem with a CS5000 I bought cheaply. I never got to the bottom of it, so parted it out and made some money.

However, the caps in these decks are known problems, so look to replace these first - mine had been replaced but with incorrect values.

Also, join Audiokarma - lots of Dual fanatics on there and they are quite knowledgeable.

ramsden

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2015
Sheffield
AKA
Ras
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It seems registration process on Audiokarma is failing to send me confirmation email after multiple tries.. thus I am not there yet.
Regardless, no one here has such experience with Dual turntables in general?

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a quick look, this was the best I could find..

'
fsd: The CS750 basically was Dual's top-model (along with the more luxuiously styled Golden 1 (aka CS7000)) at that time (~ 1991). Practically it was the successor of the CS5000, sporting similar technology. That means it's also got a nice, dynamically balanced OPS arm with optimised pivot arrangement as well as a quartz-controlled belt-drive system that gathers its servo information directly from the platter (and not just the motor...). Due to that advanced belt-drive system these Duals were able to compete with good quartz-controlled direct-drive models in terms of wow & flutter. And rumble & noise were very low, too.

As direct-drive models already were somewhat out of fashion at that time, I'd say the CS750 was primarily targeted to compete with models like the Thorens TD146IV or TD318III one one side and the contemporary Regas on the other.

Well, and in practice the high-tech belt-drive approach has the disadvantage of being a bit finicky and also complicated to repair, when the motor control fails - but most often the problem is just the speed selector switch.'

Try the Vinyl Engine as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: ramsden

ramsden

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2015
Sheffield
AKA
Ras
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Thank you again, finally registered, just no answer on Audiokarma, thus trying here again.
Interesting that such a nice turntable is out of general interest..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online